Author Topic: Does anyone have the wiring diagram for 81 up wiper/washer steering column?  (Read 8634 times)

Offline Russ130

• Frequent Member
I'm looking for a detailed wiring diagram for an 81 up steering column so I can use the wiper/washer switch on the column and eliminate the one on the dash. I'm trying to go from 78 to 87 basically.

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
So you want a schematic for an 87 with pulse wipers right? 81 is not the same as 87.
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline Russ130

• Frequent Member
I have an '87 steering column that I have installed until I find one with pulse and tilt that is in good shape for a reasonable cost. So until then I will be running just 2 speed off the column if I can get it figured out. I have the schematic for my '78 wiring but believe the wiring code may have changed. I do have the complete wiring harness from the '87 but really just wanted to get the wipers working for inspection and then in another month or so I'll do the wiring harness when I completely dismantle the truck for a paint job/restore.

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

Offline Russ130

• Frequent Member
Thanks a million for this diagram. Any chance you one for the wiring in my 78 like this? What I have is the one in the wiring book from GM but it has the whole engine bay, interior and exterior wiring.

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

Offline Russ130

• Frequent Member
Yeah not what I was really looking for. The second image in the first post is what I'm after. Thanks anyhow though that image alone is valuable to me.

Offline Russ130

• Frequent Member
Am I right the gray wire on the '78 is only for the bulb?