Author Topic: Rear end help  (Read 2630 times)

Offline stonewoodfarms87

Rear end help
« on: January 21, 2018, 01:17:36 AM »
So I have a 400 stroker (406) with  supercharger, I don't have any ideas on what to do about a rear end. I have an 81 c10 deluxe. 400turbo transmission with racing package. The rear is a 10 bolt and I'm thinking about 3.73 gearing ratio. But I know nothing about the rear I have or if it's a posi track or what's in it as of now. With all that power, can anyone suggest something? I would like to keep the original rear and add locker to it, change gearing or whatever. What can I do or should I go with that doesn't require stupid mods or a total change so I don't destroy it when I stomp the gas. If I need to just get a whole new rear, I will, just have no idea on ideas or my options. Any advice or suggestions would be great.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Online VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
Re: Rear end help
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 08:10:00 AM »
Sounds like you are unsure of what you actually have. Time to look in there and inspect. I would not run a locker, pick the ratio you want and go with a limited slip carrier. Have a pro set it up for you if you are not able to do it yourself.
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline stonewoodfarms87

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 08:31:00 PM »
Sounds like you are unsure of what you actually have. Time to look in there and inspect. I would not run a locker, pick the ratio you want and go with a limited slip carrier. Have a pro set it up for you if you are not able to do it yourself.
Ok. That's what I will do then. Thank you for the advice. Just wanted to make sure I don't destroy my rear with the power I will have

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Online VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 05:44:15 PM »
You never want to destroy your rear end  8)
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10