Author Topic: 1991 v2500 heater controls and blower motor not working  (Read 1440 times)

Offline josh0325

1991 v2500 heater controls and blower motor not working
« on: October 15, 2019, 08:11:45 PM »
Hey guys, I need a little help here. After installing previous engine I was. Breaking it in, and I had the starter wire too close to the headers.  It caught fire and melted a lot of the wiring coming through the fire wall  including wires for rear blower motor resistor.  I didnt bother much with it, as I've only driven it this summer, and just kept the windows down.  Now that it's cold I th ride the heat and defrost... and nothing is working.  I ran a temporary jump from the dark blue wire by the blower directly to battery and it works...just on high only.  Vacuum for hvac(which melted) I found in the cab and was able to get enough to push back through firewall, I connected to non ported vacuum on carb.  Head unit does not switch back and forth at all between vent selectors. I've searched endlessly on the forums here and I am very much diagram illiterate.   Can yall please point me in the right direction so I may have heat, and more importantly defrost.  All fuses are good also.