Author Topic: Wieland intake and alternator bracket  (Read 4585 times)

Offline vince311

• Registered Users
Wieland intake and alternator bracket
« on: March 23, 2009, 07:07:31 PM »
I just installed a used GM goodwrench 350 motor. It came with a Wieland Stealth intake, but no alternator bracket. When I tried to install a stock alternator bracket (from a 83 chevy 350) it does not fit...it bumps into the water neck.

Is there an aftermarket alternator bracket that works with this intake? OR Do is this intake meant for an early model 350?

I can post pics if necessary.
'82 Chevy shortwide, 2wd, 350/350 - Sold

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
Re: Wieland intake and alternator bracket
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 07:24:46 PM »
yeah post pix. The lower brackets should be the same. There's a few different upper brackets. I just bought a new one and it didn't fit so I took the old one and modified it. Worked out fine. Another option is the universal alt brackets.

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=700+115+%2D106558&D=%2D106558
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline vince311

• Registered Users
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 04:06:54 PM »
sorry for the delay...here's the pic. you can see I hacked away at the alt bracket, where it bolts to the intake. My former intake was an edelbrock performer, and the alt bracket bolted up no problem. The wieland intake's water neck is much closer to the front of the engine. 

Thinking that this type of bracket might work: http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=MRG%2D5176&autoview=sku
This style bolts to the water pump only.

Offline hilton850

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 08:57:46 PM »
I run Wieand Stealth intakes on two engines and had no issues bolting alternator brackets, or anything else to them....but it's been about 5 years since I bought one....evidently they changed the design...too bad they gotta be like that.  I'm just curious, why did you take the Edelbrock off?  From what I've read they are very good intakes and pretty hard to beat.

on a side note, I'm jealous of how clean the engines are in all the pics on the board.
'84 Sierra 3/4 ton.  4 on the floor, 4 wheel drive, upgraded to FM radio and steelhorse seat.  383 stroker under the hood - 430 hp 440 ft-lb.  custom rust holes in the bed and both rockers and cab corners.

Offline vince311

• Registered Users
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 09:41:26 PM »
I run Wieand Stealth intakes on two engines and had no issues bolting alternator brackets, or anything else to them....but it's been about 5 years since I bought one....evidently they changed the design...too bad they gotta be like that.  I'm just curious, why did you take the Edelbrock off?  From what I've read they are very good intakes and pretty hard to beat.

on a side note, I'm jealous of how clean the engines are in all the pics on the board.

In short, I was still driving my truck as a daily driver...while I was cleaning and painting the new engine. The Weiland intake came on the new engine..and I figured it would work fine. ha. famous last words.

Its great when these things clean and painted up. Makes me want to keep going on the rest