Author Topic: LSX help from Dallas  (Read 2379 times)

Offline Ladehak

LSX help from Dallas
« on: May 04, 2018, 04:03:17 AM »
Hello

I need help. My dream is swap Lsx engine to my 83 K10.
I have a friend, who live in Dallas. He have a shipping contacts from Dallas to Finland but he dont have time to looking engine to me.
If someone could help me and find engine.
5.3 or 6.0, used but good condition. With all accessories(wiring, ecu, pedal? etc...)
Of coarse, I am ready to pay for help.
I can find engines from Ebay or Craigs but never know what kind of engines they are. And pricing is little higher.

If someone could help, please let me know

Thanks and sorry

Offline jobobcat18

Re: LSX help from Dallas
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 06:43:35 PM »
It all depends on your budget and what you're going with. The easiest swap would be to get a 5.3, gen 3 or 4 I dont know the details on their differences, and keep your current transmission and transfer case. Granted you would need something like a flex plate to mount it to your old transmission. I'm in the process of pulling the one out that I bought from a local salvage yard. It is a "l96" 6.0 with a 6l90 transmission that came out of a 2016 express van. It all depends on what you can find. 99-02 was drive by cable if I remember right. And 03 and up is drive by wire (where you need the pedal that comes with it).

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline jobobcat18

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 06:44:48 PM »
I may have misunderstood your statement too. But buying one off ebay or craigslist isn't bad as long as you can get a video of it running before you buy it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline Ladehak

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2018, 12:02:53 PM »
I am read lot of information about swap and I think that I know main points.(fuel, harness, engine mounts, flexplate etc...)
Biggest problem is engine. Thats why I am asking help.
5.3 is ok but "bigger is better".
Engine budget is roughly 500-800$ and I think that is enough.