Author Topic: 15 inch sub in reg cab!!  (Read 3080 times)

Offline shortchevy84

15 inch sub in reg cab!!
« on: October 07, 2004, 11:33:00 PM »
yup, i did it. took some doing, but i got a 700 watt pioneer 15 inch sub behind my seat. seat is most of the way forward. i had troubles stopping the rubber on the back of the seat from vibrating amazingly (in the end, i just cut it out). sounds great with a 792 watt rockford amp powering it. i can get dimensions if anyone needs them. pics at www.angelfire.com/emo2/roo/roo

Offline danielM87

Re: 15 inch sub in reg cab!!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004, 08:13:00 PM »
whoa, cool . went to your site LOL that first part bout makin fun of rice burners is Hilarious. i feel the same way you do about all the fags that drive those things, except, harsher.
i race the queers with their imports in my 87 C-10 (350 V-8 bored, 50 over, the works.. no muffler or cat.) I've got a nice 2 HP weed eater that sounds better than 90% of all the tuners that drive round my necka the woods. i also like to put harleys to shame. :evil

anyhow, im trying to get two 12 inch subs behind my bench seat, and ive found boxes made for it, but theyre 90 bucks     (heck NO). anyone know what i can do bout this?  By the way, where do you keep the 6x9s? behind the bench seat?

Daniel Myers
Knoxville, TN

Git-R-Done!

Offline shortchevy84

Re: 15 inch sub in reg cab!!
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2004, 03:18:00 PM »
haha! right on. your probably the first person to visit my site, other than my cousin. thats awesome. anyway, my buddy put a 12 in his truck. it was a little harder because he had a strong sub (900 watt alpine) which has a deep magnet. and him being 6.5 feet tall made it hard to sqeeze in. my box dimensions would easily hold 2 12's nicely. lots of air space. i'd recommend putting a piece inbetween the 2 enclosures though....gives a deeper bass. i have my 6/9's on the side of my sub box, with seperate enclosures angled up and towards the door. you can sort of see it at my site. anyway, it works great and looks good when you open the door. and is still invisible from looking in through the window. i wouldn't recommend doing the same thing, it was harder than heck. i had to get my bro to do it, took us about 8 hours..and he's a carpenter! it'd be easiest to just make a seperate box for them, or even easier buy one. if you go to a place like walmart or canadian tire, or whatever you have in the US, they have cheap ones, and they're only 6/9's so its not like you need high grade boxes for 45 bucks each! anyway, good luck!!!