Author Topic: That infernal stalling problem again . . .  (Read 3236 times)

Offline haroldwca

Re: That infernal stalling problem again . . .
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2019, 08:37:37 PM »
Well, I thought I would get back to everyone who participated in the discussion with an update.  The electric inline fuel pump from Amazon has seen me through the hottest ( ! ) summer in over a decade here in NC without a single occurrence of stalling that had previously plagued me and my faithful steed.  I don't know what condition I have bypassed, masked, or (doubtful) eliminated, but the truck is now reliable again, and for just $9.  Without having to endure unplanned side of the road siestas, I have been able to finish all of my "honey-do" list, ready a project vehicle for sale, and scout my next project - I have my eye on a 4WD version of my daily driver.  If it pans out, I'll submit pics. Thanks to all who chimed in for suggestions or encouragement.  I do appreciate the camaraderie of this forum.

Offline SlayTank

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2019, 10:38:57 PM »
Awesome good to hear! Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2019, 07:09:36 AM »
i know its a little different than our trucks but i have a simplicity lawnmower from the 90s that i use to cut grass. it has a briggs Vanguard  v twin motor, last year the motor broke a connecting rod. before that there was no issues with it. after i rebuilt the motor it ran fine, so fine my boy would just drive it around the property. the gas was last years gas and i just wanted him to burn it off so i didnt care.

well he ran it out of gas and ever since then it would run for 30 or so minutes then just die out, if you choked it it would stay running but not with much power. yesterday i decided to wrap the fuel lines under the hood with aluminum foil to shield them from the heat and it was able to cut all the grass without an issue. what im guessing is something got pass the fuel filter and partially clogged the fuel needle causing the engine to run leaner and creating hotter than normal engine temp and boiling the fuel in the lines causing vapor lock. i dont know what temp would cause fuel to boil.

im not sure if we could use this aluminum foil test on our trucks but it might be worth a shot next time someone might suspect vapor lock
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes