Author Topic: 4L60 (700R4) cooling lines ?'s  (Read 2194 times)

Offline mikiesride

• Retired Newbie
Re: 4L60 (700R4) cooling lines ?'s
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2022, 07:31:49 PM »
Hopefully, someone will be able to supply the images you requested in time to validate the line position and shape.  FYI - SS can become unforgiving, depending on the grade, as it work hardens when bending.  Do your best to keep tweaking to a minimum.

Hopefully all will be needed is small tweaks here and there.  These Inline Tube lines are "supposedly Pre Bent" for the application what ever that is. But on the other hand like every thing else on the Market these days for Restoration Parts they need to be "Massaged" some.
I rest up Mon-Fri  from Sat-Sun
Ask a question if you want an answer.
I come from the Old School ways.
And yes I do remember the 60's, LOL

Offline peewee0413

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2022, 07:47:29 PM »
I broke my femur like 5 weeks ago, so this is all the pics I can give you at the moment...Not doing much crawling right now. No reason to show you the route to the cooler on the radiator,  I use two coolers on the front of the radiator, so mine is different. This is a 93 chevy.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2022, 08:16:24 PM »
You can install cooler lines on the vehicle right?. I don't know, doesn't seem hard to me. I ran tubing for years as an EI&C tech. I'll find you a couple more pictures to ease the mind.

Fabricating lines is not difficult.  Possessing experience makes it much easier.  Since the SS lines that mikiesride is using are prefab, I suggest it would be best to wait until the engine and transmission are in place and then massage them exactly for a perfect visual and functional fit at that time rather than fret prematurely.

Hopefully all will be needed is small tweaks here and there.  These Inline Tube lines are "supposedly Pre Bent" for the application what ever that is. But on the other hand like every thing else on the Market these days for Restoration Parts they need to be "Massaged" some.

It is becoming progressively rarer to find anything that fits and functions as it should right out of the box.  True quality and precision of manufacture these days are little more than a dusty memory.

Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)

Offline peewee0413

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2022, 09:22:02 PM »
You can install cooler lines on the vehicle right?. I don't know, doesn't seem hard to me. I ran tubing for years as an EI&C tech. I'll find you a couple more pictures to ease the mind.

Fabricating lines is not difficult.  Possessing experience makes it much easier.  Since the SS lines that mikiesride is using are prefab, I suggest it would be best to wait until the engine and transmission are in place and then massage them exactly for a perfect visual and functional fit at that time rather than fret prematurely.

It is becoming progressively rarer to find anything that fits and functions as it should right out of the box.  True quality and precision of manufacture these days are little more than a dusty memory.
X2...Wait until installed.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk