Author Topic: How screwed am I? - Found huge Firewall hole - 86 C10  (Read 21183 times)

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
Re: How screwed am I? - Found huge Firewall hole - 86 C10
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2013, 11:01:32 PM »
like fair said you need to make sure it stay as square as possible
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline Mike86c10

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2013, 10:38:35 AM »
So I guess I'm taking a risk getting a used cab shipped from out of state since I don't know if it will be square or not.

Offline gildardo01

• Frequent Member
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2013, 09:33:50 PM »
i recommend buying a whole truck near you.... just keep your eyes open for one on craiglist or ebay... or truck trader magazine... remember you can buy a truck for 2k use the cab then sell the engine, tranny, dif, bed and everything else..might even pay for the repair..ya know

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2013, 11:24:58 PM »
So I guess I'm taking a risk getting a used cab shipped from out of state since I don't know if it will be square or not.
a solid cab you wont have a problem with. its just when you cut/rust a piece out that helps retain the shape. think of it like this if your taking a wall down in a house you have to make sure its not a load barring wall or it can collapse or sag really bad the only way to prevent this is supporting it with something else. but yeah shop near by so you can look for the things wrong with your truck that the seller  might leave out of his discription
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline fitz

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2013, 09:18:41 PM »
How about 3M panel adhesive?