Author Topic: Zaino verse Duragloss?  (Read 2927 times)

Offline ron350

Zaino verse Duragloss?
« on: July 01, 2009, 11:54:21 AM »
 Zaino verse Duragloss?

Any one in Birmingham use Zaino or Duragloss?

My 75 C10 has straight enamel and regular wax does not last very long. It sure would be nice to see another truck that has Zaino or Duragloss on it before ordering.
1975 C10 step side stock with 350 two bbl. & 350 trans.

Offline ccz145a

Re: Zaino verse Duragloss?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 01:36:50 PM »
Sorry, mines got a new B/C finish, I do need to wax it though - going on 8 months now.
1975 C10 Silverado LWB, 454CID, TH400, 10bolt 3.42
11MPG Downhill w/tailwind (but there ain't no hills here)

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 04:46:22 PM »
I used Mothers or Meguiars on mine when I had enamel, how long are you expecting it to last. 
Mike Phillips is the wax guru.

Offline ron350

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 06:41:00 PM »
For several years now I have been reading how Zaino and Duragloss sealers are supposed to last longer than over the counter wax-sealers.

Since this is the only automotive forum I know of based in Birmingham I thought why not check and see if any members are using them.

With this old paint water will bead for about 1 to 3 months with most waxes.
1975 C10 step side stock with 350 two bbl. & 350 trans.

Offline caddylow

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 03:14:00 AM »
My Sub has the majority of the garage kept brown and white enamel paint! I had it professionally detailed by a shop I've observed do alot of used and new vehicles. The high gloss left after the first rain and it looked like it did before the detail job but without the ground in dirt. I was pissed because I thought the shop might have used a silicon product for a final shine. But I soon realized after clay bar, cleaner wax, then carnauba paste wax that the enamel GM used doesn't hold it's shine!! Don't get me wrong, to the average person the truck looks new, but after being used to keeping a black B/C,C/C caddy spotless for 10 years, the sub just doesn't hold it's shine. Anybody have any ideas short of silicone based products and re-clearing with some urethane???
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 01:54:24 PM by Captkaos »

Offline SUX2BU99

• My Cardomain Site. Truck is on Page 6.
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 10:13:54 PM »
I'm a Zaino fan, and have been since 1999 when I first bought some for my then-new Dakota R/T. You will get a lot longer beading action than a typical one-step wax product. Whenver I've used a typical wax, like Meguiars Gold Class or the like, after a couple or few months, the beading is gone and the swirls are back because the wax/polish just washes off. Zaino though sticks better than anything I've used yet. And once you start using it, it's crazy easy to keep using it. You'll probably find you may apply it at least once a month since it's so user friendly.
85 Chevy Silverado C10 short, wide, yellow, 2wd. Lowered, 60-over 350 with Dart Iron Eagle heads and Comp Cams XE268 cam, TH350 w/ shift kit, 3.40 Gov-lok 12 bolt.