Author Topic: Just was rearended... 1975 Jimmy RIP  (Read 80643 times)

Offline Mike Phillips

Re: Just was rearended... 1975 Jimmy RIP
« Reply #135 on: March 14, 2010, 02:34:26 PM »
***Update***

Last week I reminded Julie Ringeisen, the Julie Ringeisen Sr. Claim Service Adjuster Tampa Bay Auto Allstate Insurance Company in St. Petersburg, Florida, that in one of her e-mails to me she wrote that if I hired my own appraiser that they would reimburse me for the fee.  I sent her a copy of the cashed check and bill for the appraisal plus a copy of the e-mail where she wrote they would reimburse me and she told me the reimbursement check was written and being sent to me.  This last Saturday, I received the check, note the wording Allstate used on the form and directly on the check, it says nothing about being a reimbursement check but specifically states,

IN PAYMENT OF LOSS ON 12/9/2009

I've taken pictures of this form check and am using them on one of websites I'm building for this issue,

I'm building a series of websites to document all the communications between myself and Allstate, these will be the one I'm working on right now, http://www.david-versus-goliath.com

I'm re-creating it right now and adding these photos and many more and then linking this site to the other 27 domain names I've purchased for Allstate so far.  This David versus Goliath website is  nowhere near finished but should be by the time this day is over.

You can see Julie's website here, I'm confident she's just doing her job, the blame lies at the feet of the head of the orginization.

http://www.julieringeisen.com/

And the two people that signed off on the check,

http://www.catherinesbrune.com/
http://www.samuelhpilch.com/

:)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 03:29:17 PM by Mike Phillips »

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #136 on: March 14, 2010, 02:40:36 PM »
Sounds like they want you to cash that check as an acceptance for your damages. I hope you are suing the living you know what out of them. I wouldn't deposit that check until you talk to your lawyer
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline Mike Phillips

« Reply #137 on: March 14, 2010, 03:26:57 PM »
Sounds like they want you to cash that check as an acceptance for your damages. I hope you are suing the living you know what out of them. I wouldn't deposit that check until you talk to your lawyer

If I try to sue anyone it always ends up being lawyers against lawyers and it's tied up in court and the edge goes to the person or company that had the deepest pockets.  Instead of working through the law courts, I'm taking this to the "Court of Public Opinion".

All I'm going to do is show the world how Allstate operates with their own documents and let the world decide if they want to do business with Allstate.  If the President and CEO Thomas J. Wilson wants to protect all the people for whom I've purchased their .com domain names then I'll be open to offers as I don't really have any interest in owning their domain names.  After the purchase is made they can change all the content on the 30 websites I'm building to reflect positively on their practices or take them down all together.

Offline Grover 1

• Frequent Member
« Reply #138 on: March 14, 2010, 08:42:49 PM »
I wouldn't cash/deposit that on a bet.  I don't know if wording was done like that on purpose or not, being an insurance company, nothing would surprise me.  You're doing a lot of work that could someday help a lot of people, thank you for that.  I've had Allstate for over 25 years, tomorrow I'm going to get rate quotes from other companies, It's been long enough.
1978 C-10 SWB
1986 K-10 SWB
1975 C-10 SWB

And here I sit so patiently
Waiting to find out what price
You have to pay to get out of
Going through all these things twice - bd

Offline Mike Phillips

« Reply #139 on: March 14, 2010, 09:08:57 PM »
I wouldn't cash/deposit that on a bet.  I don't know if wording was done like that on purpose or not, being an insurance company, nothing would surprise me.  You're doing a lot of work that could someday help a lot of people, thank you for that.  I've had Allstate for over 25 years, tomorrow I'm going to get rate quotes from other companies, It's been long enough.

I've updated this page and now I'm building all the satellite websites that will link off this main site.

http://www.david-versus-goliath.com

Next will come the eBay auctions...

Offline Lt.Del

• Andy aka:SgtDel
  • DelbridgePhotography.com
    • www.delbridge.net
« Reply #140 on: March 14, 2010, 11:03:14 PM »
You're safe depositing this check. It says no where that by depositing/cashing the check that you relieve allstate of any further legal action or responsibility. It cannot be implied.  It must be spelled out that that will satisfy you from any further action.  They must pay for any expense you incur as a result of the incident that you were not responsible for.

The date is on there just because it is based on that one incident for their accounting purposes.   

Offline k5blazerfan

• K5 blazers will never die
« Reply #141 on: March 14, 2010, 11:18:26 PM »
well if thats how allstate treats there customers on a cherry 76 jimmy then me and my 84 k5 are gonna find a different insurance co.
Don't forget the tow chain!!! Might have to tow a ford home! :)

Offline Mike Phillips

« Reply #142 on: March 20, 2010, 12:54:29 PM »
Don't know if any of you are near Stuart, Florida but next weekend is Detail Fest where Representatives from all the different companies in the car detailing world will converge at our facilities and answer questions and put on demonstrations.  I'll be teaching two classes on machine polishing and machine sanding paint.  We're opening a brand new Studio for video production which also doubles as our Training Center for car detailing.

I took some pictures of my 1975 Jimmy as well as the Meguiar's Mobile Training Center, this was painted by Rich Evans of Huntington Beach Bodyworks in SoCal and a team of Meguiar's employees including myself sanded and buffed this truck and it's twin flat and then buffed it to a high gloss.

Just put a new Pirate's Flag on my Jimmy too...

Look at how carefully Rich Evans flowed the flames and graphics into the door.

:D

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #143 on: March 20, 2010, 11:05:52 PM »
All state is a joke! A girl I work with just got rear ended on the highway. Is she in good hands?

Nope
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline Lt.Del

• Andy aka:SgtDel
  • DelbridgePhotography.com
    • www.delbridge.net
« Reply #144 on: March 20, 2010, 11:51:00 PM »
I prefer....Like a Good Neighbor....State Farm is there.  No problems whatsoever.