Author Topic: You're parking wrong  (Read 8344 times)

Offline Grim 82

Re: You're parking wrong
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2011, 03:31:13 PM »
Backing into the garage or up a driveway can also make it easier to get out if the snowplow happens along and pushes up a ridge of snow. You get to keep your forward momentum. I seldom do that though just because of filling the garage full of exhaust in the winter time. Any other time I back in and get the passenger side as tight up against the wall as I can so there is more room between the vehicles to open the doors and move around.
Give a man a gun, and he might rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he might rob the world.

Offline howlinwolf

• Registered Users
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2011, 07:08:29 PM »
There has been too many times where somebody has needed the jumper cables hooked up but they park with the front up against a building or barricade and there is a car on each side, and you have to push or pull their vehicle out into the middle of the aisle to jump it. When just making stops around town or parking at work I like to back into spots or drive through to a far spot, but if I am shopping it never fails if I pull into the far spot somebody will park behind me right up against the bumper so you can't drop the tailgate or open the trunk, depending on what vehicle we took that day. >:(

add a big hitch!
78 Chevy Custom Deluxe flatbed, PROPANE POWERED

Offline beastie_3

• Josh
    • My truck pics
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2011, 08:21:46 PM »
Anyone seen the hook I carry on in my hitch???

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2011, 12:25:49 AM »
When I worked at AutoZone and drove for them that was a requirement for a company truck. you had to back in just incase you went to deliver parts and lets say a kid got behind you with a bike or just playing while you were getting the pda signed you wouldn’t hit them. Also if you have to leave somewhere in a hurry you can bolt out of it fast "like bikers" how many of them pull forward. Also sgt my brother was telling me he hit someone while they were backing out of a parking spot and he got the ticket lucky he was in his 89 iroc with the rubber bumpers and only spider webbed his paint
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline Lt.Del

• Andy aka:SgtDel
  • DelbridgePhotography.com
    • www.delbridge.net
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2011, 01:21:03 PM »
Also sgt my brother was telling me he hit someone while they were backing out of a parking spot and he got the ticket lucky he was in his 89 iroc with the rubber bumpers and only spider webbed his paint

what kinda laws you guys have in Md?  There has to be some extenuating circumstances there.  A car is driving in a parking lot and someone drives out in front of him and HE gets the ticket?  If he got convicted on that something is wrong. I'd never ticket someone for just driving down the parking lot and someone else pulls out in front of oncoming traffic. No brainer.

If a neutral witness comes forward and says that that camaro was driving too fast or was otherwise careless, that's a different story.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 01:23:43 PM by SgtDel »

Offline 1979C20

• Kyle Taulton.
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2011, 02:41:34 PM »
Well, it depends if the camaro got hit by another car, or if the camaro hit another car. The person who hits the other car is responsible. Like, if you rear end someone, its your fault.
1979 SCLB C20 Q-jet 350 SM465 14b F.F. 4.10 G80
1989 GMC Suburban V2500 TBI350 TH400 4in lift 35's 14b SF

Offline Lt.Del

• www.delbridge.net
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2011, 07:46:14 PM »
the driver who pulls out into oncoming traffic is at fault. Period.  Whether they can see or not.

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2011, 12:29:42 AM »
It was in NC I think. He being a jar head he just paid it and went on his way, never tried to fight it. The way I was told that if someone pulled out in front of you and you hit the front half of the car it’s their fought, if they pull out and you hit the rear it’s your fault because you could have avoided it accident. I know when I rear ended an older lady (who just got her car back cause she was just in a accident) cause she decided to stop in the middle of the road cause someone in front of her hit their brakes you know she wouldn’t even roll down her window when I went to check on her I had to holler threw the window to see if she was ok. the cop asked what happened I told him I saw the car but the car couldn’t stop in time. He said I was following too closely I said I wasn’t. he then said well its that or your inattentive so I sided with following to closely this was my first day driving my sable that was given to me I was going to dmv at the time didn’t even make it there. I was driving my 86 gmc before so the spacing between the peddles is allot different. So once I got the sable back on the road I had to panic break again only to find my big boots push the gas and brake at the same time so this increases my stopping distance by a bit lol that’s what happened with my accident I pushed both peddles

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline Lt.Del

• www.delbridge.net
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2011, 12:42:53 AM »
I know when I rear ended an older lady (who just got her car back cause she was just in a accident) cause she decided to stop in the middle of the road cause someone in front of her hit their brakes

The one who rear-ended will always be at fault because having control of your vehicle is paramount.  Quite different than one who pulls out in front of you.
The only way around not being at fault when you rear-end someone is if you can prove it is an insurance scam...you know, when someone jumps in front of you in your lane and slams on the brakes to collect insurance money.  Or, have witnesses to say the person jumped in your lane the second a stop is made, thus compromising your safe distance.  Hard to prove though. 

That front half or back half of a vehicle is bogus...I can only speak for VA, but, if someone nails the gas coming out of a parking spot, you most likely will hit the back half of the car.  I would've fought that tooth and nail. 

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2011, 12:47:53 AM »
Yes i would of too. I know i was at fault for my accident. But lest say i was in the middle of a sneeze attack i can’t control that and it natural reaction to close your eyes while sneezing  ;D