Author Topic: You can never have enough insurance is right!  (Read 1769 times)

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
You can never have enough insurance is right!
« on: February 15, 2011, 05:21:40 PM »
So today I emailed back and forth with my insurance agent only to find out she had only $21,000. Coverage on my garage! Thank God I checked because that would barely cover my concrete work. I had her up the structural coverage to $180K on the garage and itemized everything else I wanted covered. Then I come home and find a tree laying across my stepside. :( Did I jinx myself? Did some damage to the bed rails but that's about it as far as I can tell. Nevertheless prior to this I told her I wanted coverage for water, wind, tree damage, etc total replacement cost not replacement value (a good scam they get you with). I don't care if it doubles my rate at this point, but with all the bad stuff happening lately and roof collapsing everywhere I figured I'd better be on the up. I don't think they're going to cover any of the damage to the stepside but we'll see what she says tomorrow.
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline mp76k10

• Site Supporters
Re: You can never have enough insurance is right!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 05:26:18 PM »
I assume you have comp on the stepside Vile?  Comp is all perils except collision so it should be covered.  It's a great idea for anyone to talk to their agent/broker about what they have for insurance.  Things change, we forget what we have and don't have.  You never know until you need it and then it's usually too late.
truck?  what truck?

Offline thirsty

• Suitor's Garage
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 05:34:06 PM »
we'll see what she says tomorrow.

5,995 members on this board can vouch for your trucks being pricesless!!! ;D
Real trucks are built, not bought Build thread

Give me a long enough lever and a place to stand, and I shall move the earth or break this bolt...Whatever, just hold my beer!

Offline eventhorizon66

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 06:03:58 PM »
Poor little pinky :'(
'85 C10 SWB 350 700R4 TKO600

Offline bake74

• Build Thread
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 08:23:15 PM »
     OCH.  That has gotta hurt, and right after talking to your insurance, they are going to think you are trying to scam them for sure.
#1: The easiest and most obvious solution to any problem is 99% of the time correct.
#2: There is no such thing as impossible, it just takes longer.
  74 k10, 77k10    Tom