73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > The Lows (Lowering/Drops)

Drop spindles

(1/3) > >>

c0olburn3r:
I purchased 2.5 drop spindle's for my 87 Silverado r10 long bed.
Everything went according to plan except that the center hub bolt on the spindle was little short not even a quarter of an inch,.

I had to drill a new hole for the cotter pin and  the wheel still spins free hand with no problem, when I dropped the truck and rolled it I heard a grinding noise, so I took the wheel off and in the back the weight was grinding on something, so I grinded the lower control arm a little and purchased a 5 /16 wheel spacers, if I go in reverse there is no noise, if I go forward its not so bad but I hear rubbing on both wheels.

Any help would be appreciated, tired of taking these dag on wheels in and out, my back is killing me .
This truck is my heart
Thanks in advance

jaredts:
Are you sure that the bearing races are seated in the rotor and slid all the way onto the rotor?  I'm sure you checked it out thoroughly, but it seems fishy that you had to drill a new hole.  You can't see shined up metal where something is rubbing?

c0olburn3r:
I check everything cause if the rotor wasn't all the way in the brake pad caliper would not sit in place, its spinning with no problem when jacked up with and with out the rim. I will check it out again tho tomorrow, cause the balance weight on the back rim was rubbed on.

Thank you for the reply

Captkaos:
Sounds like you need to clearance the lower control arms.  What size rims?  I am guessing 15"

c0olburn3r:
Yes sir 15x8 I will grind them down some more around 1/4 inch from what I have been reading.
I will post for others to know in case they run into this kind of problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version