Author Topic: Cab Mounts on K10 truck Chevy  (Read 2030 times)

Offline Fulltimechevy89

Cab Mounts on K10 truck Chevy
« on: September 24, 2016, 07:37:08 PM »
Thanks for all the answers concerning my transmission, it runs great just looking ahead.

As for other projects, my cab mount bolts have come loose, probably due to old shocks and bad roads I have here. I checked the floor for doors to the bolts, so far I've found two small doors on the floor above the front mounts. However, the rear of the cab has no access points, no welding marks or anything. Any ideas how to tighten up these bolts on the rear? Or any idea how they installed this cab?

Thanks

Offline 1967KaiserM715

• 1985 GMC K1500 w/ 6.5 TD
Re: Cab Mounts on K10 truck Chevy
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 09:12:30 PM »
All cab mounts bolt up from the bottom, the only reason to make a door in the floor is because the nuts broke off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current Vehicles:1985 GMC K10(Daily) 1991 GMC K2500(Daily) 1975 Beetle(not running) 1985 Mercedes 300D(not running) 1952 M35    1967 M715(not running)
 1986 Chevy K30(under repair)

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
Re: Cab Mounts on K10 truck Chevy
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 09:10:38 AM »
If the cab mount bolts are just spinning you will need to cut access hole above them from inside.
I prefer a hole saw to do this, much neater job. They used a caged nut. Most times the cage weld has failed because the threads are rusted, or the cage has rusted away to the point it doesn't capture the nut any more.
Can do a few things. jamb a pry bar down in next the the nut, and remove the bolt. Tack weld the nut, and remove the bolt. Cut the bolt head off pull it up through the access hole.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs