Author Topic: Spindle Replacement Part Identification Help  (Read 1692 times)

Offline 74square

• New Users
Spindle Replacement Part Identification Help
« on: June 17, 2020, 11:31:58 AM »
Ok long time lurker and this is my first post - searched around didn't really find the answer I was looking for.

Recently blew up my drivers side wheel bearing on my 1974 c-20 ... took all the parts apart and am trying to source replacement parts ... The upper and lower control arms seem to be easy to find ... but for the life of me I can't find a replacement spindle for the truck. I bought this used - is it possible that it is using an older spindle from a truck from another year ? Hopefully you guys can help identify the part and where I can find a replacement ? I'm specifically referring to the one with the red arrow pointing to it.

It doesn't show up in any of the part listings from rockauto or moog - do I need to get this somewhere else ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated ... going crazy trying to figure this out.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 11:49:41 AM by 74square »

Offline JohnnyPopper

• Old Goof
Re: Spindle Replacement Part Identification Help
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 12:38:56 PM »
Welcome super lurker... 8)

When you say 'blew up' what do you mean? did you spin the bearings to the point of damaging the spindle? Did you damage the threads on the end?

Most of the time, these parts are reusable.

Regarding replacements, from recall, about 40 years ago one of my coworkers had a 69 c10. He changed out all of the 'wearable' part like ball joints, tie rods, bushing from 1/2 ton to 1 ton components. Said they were interchangeable so if that's the case, you should be able to find a spindle, if needed, from 1/2 ton to 1 ton and it will work.

If I'm wrong, which I have been, look for someone more knowledgeable than me to flame me silly, then watch as I fall from the sky into a pile of smoking twisted wreckage.
1957 Apache 3100 235 Inline 6, 3 on the tree
1973 C-20, 3+3 454 4BBL TH400  Water Injection
1978 K-10, 350 4BBL TH350 NP203 M.M. Part time Kit/Hubs
1980 C-10 under construction

Offline 502Silverado

Re: Spindle Replacement Part Identification Help
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2021, 04:55:50 PM »
74square check your messages.