73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Brakes, Frame, Steering & Suspension

Power steering pump/high pressure hose

(1/1)

GMJager:
So i picked up my first squarebody over the weekend, drove it home about 100 miles and the power steering pump leaked like a sieve.
Got the pump removed yesterday with a NAPA replacement in hand. When disconnecting the old pump i noticed there was no high pressure fitting on the pump to connect the hose and pump. Is there supposed to be? I think i saw one mentioned in the shop manual, and there is a reference to one on a tag with the new pump.

Do i just connect the hose directly to the pump, or is there a fitting I’m missing?

Thoughts?

JohnnyPopper:
If you got the right replacement you should have all the parts you need.

Not able to picture what you think you're missing; Can you post a pic?

If you're talking about the large nut that the High pressure hose is tied down to, you can remove it from your old one and reused, make sure you have a good O-ring or get a new one.

GMJager:
Johnny thanks for the reply... I actually was missing a piece - that large nut/nozzle with the o-ring. NAPA replaced it after I called and took it in to them today! New pump is now in, and works beautifully!

JohnnyPopper:
Glad it worked out!

And thanks for letting us know...sometimes we're left wondering if some things ever get fixed  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version