73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Body, Glass & Paint

Paint cost

(1/2) > >>

nsml97:
Hello from New York.

New to the site been lurking around since i picked up my 1977 K10 about a month ago.  Lots of great info here!  Budgeting for different parts of my restoration project and I'm looking for some ideas of what I should be expecting to pay for paint.  This truck is very clean with very little surface rust no through rust anywhere.  Looking to change from brown to black or red with clear coat. Looks like a color change will be a pain though because the color carries through to the interior A posts and roof.  Maybe it's not a great idea?  Any info or advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Shifty:
How long is a piece of string?  Just ribbing... :D

It's going to come down to how nice of a paint job you're looking for.  If you are looking for the nicest paint job you can have done, but still be a "driver", I'd wager it's going to cost more than 8k.   Maybe it will differ in the NE. 

Welcome from Tucson, AZ! 

JohnnyPopper:
Nice find!

I think your truck is the same as the '80 I'm finishing up. Search on this site "that 1980 I keep talking about" you will see the firewall with that color under clear coat. It has fine metal flake and it's really beautiful.

Color change is a LOT of work and $$.

JohnnyPopper:
Sorry, just checked, try "that 1980 c10"

JohnnyPopper:
For some reason it's not linking as well as it used to, pry more similar posts.

Here's the link: http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/index.php?topic=38182.msg324547#msg324547

Pretty sure it is the color of your truck "Dark Carmel Poly"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version