73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Brakes, Frame, Steering & Suspension

1983 GMC Front End Suspension (2WD)

<< < (2/2)

JohnnyPopper:
How many miles are on the truck? If the sway bar has grenaded, it's possible the other components are loose too.

Without a trained eye to measure the wear/tear on bushings, tie rod ends, ball joints, you may be better served to take it to a reputable Alignment Shop for a professional opinion.

Find one that will allow you to go into the PIT to see for yourself what is loose and moving, or rotted. (unnaturally) If they say no for 'insurance' reasons, MOVE ON.

Finally, look for oil leak that may have caused your bushing to fail.

JRyan0720:
Odometer shows 95,350. Thank you for the input. I will take it in and have it looked through as well.

JohnnyPopper:
That's a pretty good run with no rebuild that you know of.

50-60k usually gets things loose if not maintained i.e. regular lube service at a minimum.

Look forward to hearing what you find.

Believe it or not, a lot of these components are on the DIY level to repair, leaving only the final alignment to perfect the ride.

1980K20:
My experience was that suspension parts that have generic brand names are junk. Same with brakes. Go with reputable brands. I had to replace the brand new junk bushings on my camaro, Moog worked great. Probably any big name brand is fine.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version