73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Electrical

No power to 5amp fuse

(1/4) > >>

bigblockchevelleman:
Subject 1987 chevy truck  , NO power to either side of the 5amp fuse  , I have no horn just a buzz and the lower interior light when horn is pressed , flashers only light up no flash I've replaced the relay  the 5amp fuse ( which was blowed now no power either side of fuse ) any idea or help THANKS so much because I'm totally lost

Mike81K10:
You have a short when blowing a fuse like that. Need to inspect your wiring for the system. Use the wiring diagrams provided on this forum. Normally the problem will be where wires have been previously messed with, where they run through a hole or clamp and got chaffed, at a splice, or at a connector (to include bent pins). If the system was previously altered or messed with, that is the first place to look at.

bd:
What is the fusebox cavity label for that 5-amp fuse?

bigblockchevelleman:
Thanks  , the problem began when I was wiring up the radio and a hot wire touch against the dash and blowed two fuses one was a 20 amp which controlled the gauges ( was replaced which is fine now ) the other was the 5amp so I  replaced it and  discovered it then had no power at all .I replaced the relay and opened it up and seen where a wire wasn't connected  but can't understand why the 5 amp has no power at all THANKS for your help guess I'll go back and check from the radio and see if I can find a broken or burnt wire

bigblockchevelleman:
bd it's labeled ACC/LPS Above the fuse and INSTR below it's a 5amp fuse THANKS for the help Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version