73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Body, Glass & Paint

Ballpark price on cab metal work

(1/2) > >>

Swampyankee74:
I just purchased a 1987 v20. It needs cab corners, inner and outer rocker panels, and floor pans. What is a ballpark price I would be expecting to have that done? Not trying to match paint or anything.  Just pretty much the metal work, seal and prime it. Someone has replaced these things some years ago. Not sure if that makes it harder this time around.

VileZambonie:
Door hinges need to be good first with doors properly fit, if not all of the work will result in poor fitment and bad body lines. As far as cost, it depends on who you find to do it and where you are. Most body shops will charge this out as custom fabrication vs standard repair rates if they will even do it. Right now I charge $180/hr for any fab work and am going up to $200/hr due to the rising cost of everything.

Mike81K10:
I would suggest buying a Mig welder and do it yourself. I wish I had bought a welder long before I did. It is rewarding and will save you much money over time.

Swampyankee74:
I have a mig welder. I am actually a welder by trade. But I stick weld and tig weld pipe. I tried some body work about 20 years ago and wasn't very happy with the results.  I was a teenager at the time, maybe I'll try it again. I've gained a little more finess and patience since then.

Swampyankee74:
VZ, I will take your word on the doors being hung properly and lined up just right. Makes sense to me

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version