General Site Info > General Discussion

4L60 (700R4) cooling lines ?'s

<< < (2/4) > >>

peewee0413:
They make lines like this as well to act as extensions, or go around areas a tube won't or incapable or bending. Which  I know you're getting a bender, just showing options.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

mikiesride:
Thanks but Not looking for those soft lines I want to stick with OEM type steel or SS lines or factory look.

peewee0413:

--- Quote from: mikiesride on August 02, 2022, 01:07:54 PM ---Thanks but Not looking for those soft lines I want to stick with OEM type steel or SS lines or factory look.

--- End quote ---
I was thinking from frame next to engine to transmission cooler if length is your problem.  These are PTFE internal SS braided external. More than safe for a tranny cooler line extension.

bd:
It's a 4L60 in a '68.  lol

Flexible lines allow for transmission movement.  Since you're fabricating all new lines, now is the perfect opportunity to be creative and increase the tubing size to -8AN.  Special 1/4" NPSM x -8AN male fittings are available from ATI to thread into the transmission to avoid cracking the aluminum case.  Then you can custom route and shroud the hard line inside the frame rail.  Use the stainless steel AN hose to jumper the hard line to the transmission and cooler.  Both the rigid and flexible lines can be insulated from proximal exhaust heat using reflective thermal sleeving and/or 18-ga steel heat shields if necessary.  To keep the installation clean and well organized, install bulkhead fittings through the frame plate and radiator support for connection to a supplemental cooler forward of the radiator.

peewee0413:

--- Quote from: bd on August 02, 2022, 01:19:48 PM ---It's a 4L60 in a '68.  lol

Flexible lines allow for transmission movement.  Since you're fabricating all new lines, now is the perfect opportunity to be creative and increase the tubing size to -8AN.  Special 1/4" NPSM x -8AN male fittings are available from ATI to thread into the transmission to avoid cracking the aluminum case.  Then you can custom route and shroud the hard line inside the frame rail.  Use the stainless steel AN hose to jumper the hard line to the transmission and cooler.  Both the rigid and flexible lines can be insulated from proximal exhaust heat using reflective thermal sleeving and/or 18-ga steel heat shields if necessary.  To keep the installation clean and well organized, install bulkhead fittings through the frame plate and radiator support for connection to a supplemental cooler forward of the radiator.

--- End quote ---

X2 4l60 case cracking at fittings do happen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version