Author Topic: looking at one truck and getting another....  (Read 3761 times)

Offline terrywolfpack

looking at one truck and getting another....
« on: February 16, 2006, 09:26:00 AM »
Well guys i was talking to the guy about the title for the 74 and his brother has a 66 longbed chevy truck with a 283 or 327 in fair condition but pretty much a solid truck and i asked if he would sell it and he said it probably ain't worth much, so i asked would you take a $100 bucks for it and he said sure, I don't think i could go wrong if i don't like it i can fix it up a little and make a huge profit off it to fund something else. I still need to clean my inventory out a little to make room for these two truck coming in boy will momma be happy....:rolleyes .Terry

ccb

Re: looking at one truck and getting another....
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 11:41:00 AM »
Know the feeling cleaning out my stuff. I'm down two cars and need to get a couple of Trucks out the door to.
The wife will be a lot happer with all the extra junk gone from the back yard. Getting to old to working on ten thing at the same time. lol

Craig  

Offline 87swb

• Frequent Member
another truck
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 01:42:00 PM »
at first you didn't know if you were gonna have a project truck and now you have 2 of them.:)  about the wives, i'm only 18 and i'm not married but man i could not let my wife say what i could have and not have and keep.i'm sorry but i just couldn't.:\  

ccb

Re: another truck
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 03:57:00 PM »
LOL,lol  It starts out that way, but just seen to happen You want something they want something It a give and take kinda deal. To keep them happy you gotta bend sometimes.
You will see its better to keep them happy than not.

LOL

Craig

Offline Lt.Del

• Andy aka:SgtDel
  • DelbridgePhotography.com
    • www.delbridge.net
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 04:15:00 PM »
87swb i can tell you aren't married.....it just doesn't work that way, trust me, i used to have that attitude....it don't last if you want peace in the house, and a piece (if you know what i mean).

I had to laugh when i read that.  You'll see what reality is when you are a "couple".

SgtDel

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 07:11:00 PM »
I am 36 never maried but have had two long term relationships. They always start out saying that I can't have this and can't have that truck car etc. but I win in the end because I just go ahead and do it any way. Plus when they see me sell one or two parts of a trauck and that covers the cost of it, the rest of the parts are for profit or to fix my rigs they tend to back off a bit.

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

Offline ChevyGuy

• Frequent Member
The Wife
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006, 09:30:00 PM »
Im in the same boat. I had 4 trucks not including my wife's truck. I had a 89 Ford Ranger, 84 Chevy single wheel 1 ton, my infamous 76, and a 62 stepside my dad recently gave me. My wife pushed me into selling two and I have the 76 and the 62 left and my 76 is my beater now... not the prettiest thing but better than it used to be after alittle work..... even though the wife was after me everytime I went to my parents house. Im 22 and have a daughter and im the only one who works in the household so when I go to the junk yard im always making deals and trying to get what I need cheap......

ccb

Re: The Wife
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 10:08:00 PM »
Let face it we are all wimps for one reason or another. It sounded like a good Idea at the time but to be truthfull we all were think with the head in are pance. If its real bad you get out. And say never again. But what do we do we do it again Go figure. Now you in the Marriage game and theres rules for this and rule for that and each of us has there own set of rule we aranged with the other. SO now we play.

SO FOR ALL YOU GUYS OUT THERE YOU NEED TO LISTEN TO THIS DJ. OUT OF L.A. HIS SHOW IS ON ALL OVER THE COUNTRY AND HE IS A MANS MAN. GO TO HIS WEB SIT AND HAVE A LISTEN AND YOU WILL SEE WHAT I MEAN. yOU MUST LEARN  TOM 101 ON WOMAN. OH you Phoenix guy canlisten to him 101.5  the rest of you can listen on line or if he is in you city. its on his web site.
A must trust me.:)

Craig

www.blowmeuptom.com  

Offline 87swb

• Frequent Member
The wife
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2006, 11:05:00 AM »
i think Blazins got it the best since he is not married. if he pisses his girl off she'll leave or just get over it. not like he would have to pay for a divorce or anything.divorces are high because they'ree worth it. hope that don't happen or anything. you're right if i was to get married i would probably turn out the same way as ya'll but with unease >D  

Offline terrywolfpack

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2006, 10:37:00 AM »
yeah my wife said if i made her made she would put in the garage not a problem...lol.. yeah i agree it's a give and take considering i sold a 72 chevy and a 70 chevy truck to help out the family she doesn't say to much, sure do miss both of those trucks but it was for the family and it just makes you stronger on your next project. but if i wasn't married and it was just my girlfriend tough crap i'm buying and doing what i want my truck will always be there i can find another girlfriend...btw i'm getting the 66 and the guy still can't find the title for the 74 so i'm still waiting for that and then i will have a yard full of trucks again..all the fun....Terry

ccb

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2006, 10:57:00 AM »
Yep, I have done that to. For me I just seem to run it to deal can't pass on a free truck or a trade. That how I ended up with so much stuff. Anyway the title should be know problem just a trip to the DMV a bill of sale from the guy you getting it from. In AZ its just some paper work and a notice to the last know owner. I have a 3ton Iveco I trade a guy for a Dodge and a truck rack I made for him. Got a bill of sale but the guy never came of with the title, so I got to do the above work. to have the truck in my name.

Cool your getting the the 66. the guy around the corner from me has 2 that he got for his two boys. they slamed then one with a drop kit the other with air bages. A little to low for my tastes but they still look cool.

Craig  

Offline lokmotion85

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2006, 08:58:00 PM »
most of you seem to be on the same page,im new here but im got to chime in i guess it is give an take my wife is the coolest she never says anything about my trucks she knows I'll always make a profit so far so good,15yrs plus, & she byes me parts ,how cool is that ,anyway back to subject,brought home 78 crew cab flatbed basket case w/RUNNING 348/400 from dad & bought 66 c/20 lb for 100.00 & it runs!!!!305v6/4sp from his freind never fails  

Offline terrywolfpack

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2006, 08:22:00 AM »
yeah my wife is getting to that point of understanding my hobby because it has helped the family out in time of need and also she knows it's something that i enjoy to do..The guy with the 66 is a little bit confused about what he wants to do with the truck, so i'm backing off and giving him a little time and will just take the money to him and give it to him if i get cool if not thats life always other trucks out there....Terry