Author Topic: You know what I think  (Read 2289 times)

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
You know what I think
« on: March 29, 2008, 10:08:22 AM »
I think NASCAR should have one race a year. The teams have to race an old school Winston Cup car, like form the early / mid 70s. Update them with all the safety crap, but all old school suspension , motor tech., etc.
 I bet they wouldn't whine so much about there cars, tires, or other drivers after that race!
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

Offline DnStClr

Re: You know what I think
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 10:30:02 AM »
I don't know man. It seems like those old guys were always throwin punches at each other.. just a part of watching the race was to see who was going to get into it .
Don
87 Chevy Silverado

Offline Lt.Del

• Andy aka:SgtDel
  • DelbridgePhotography.com
    • www.delbridge.net
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 10:30:57 AM »
Yeah, i can't stand the way Tony Smoke cried about the tires.  Hey, wimp, you're getting millions of dollars...just race...it is the same for everyone buttox wipe.

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 10:39:38 AM »
Throwing punches is not the same as whining. I said they might not whine. meaning they would know how good they got it. Old school cars I am sure were a handfull compared to todays car. Not that driving a modern cup car is a cake walk.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

Offline zieg85

• Global Moderator
    • 73-87 GM squarebody extended cab and conversions up to 91 R/V series
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 11:12:21 AM »
I raced in the early 80's old school stuff.  It was on asphalt short track.  It was a "low budget" class that had to retain "stock suspension"  It is amazing how well you could get those cars to corner.  The rules stated as long as the OEM stuff was in place that was OK.  It was a lot of fun until they let the rules get out of hand allowing more and more making it impossible to afford as a hobby.
Carl 
1985 C20 Scottsdale 7.4L 4 speed 3.21
1986 C10 under construction
https://www.facebook.com/groups/248658382003506/

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 11:55:46 AM »
I have helped out buddies over the years with various roundy round cars, dirt, & asphalt. Bets time I / we ever had was 4 cyl enduro racing. Stock cars no mods, 100 or 200 lap races. Rules said no mods, but I egged the top ball joint hole, layed the tier in a bit on the right front. Staggered the tires too, homemade cold air intake.