Author Topic: What do you like/dislike ?  (Read 17433 times)

Offline Skunksmash

Re: What do you like/dislike ?
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2009, 04:19:22 PM »
I like the way they look, their reliability, and the parts availability. There are a few items that i wish had a few more parts to choose from, (such as door panels) but overall you can buy parts for these trucks anywhere.

Offline anderskorn

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2009, 05:08:49 PM »
likes, my grandpa used to drive the very same truck i have now.  right down the color.  So its got a definite nostalgia to getting to drive the thing around. 

Everyone needs a truck.  And when you don't have one, that just sucks having to ask to borrow someones. 

My set up is entirely mechanical.  Something goes wrong, i only have to troubleshoot the three principles of what makes the motor run.  Gas, fire, and air.  That's simple! 

Cons: i wish i knew more about them.  My forte isn't domestic V-8s atm, but that will change over time as i educate myself on this.  And thats my own problem, not a con of the truck itself.  Other than that, I can't really think of something that makes me pull my hair out about these vehicles.
The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves

Offline friendlytruck

• altitude !^^^!
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2009, 06:40:01 AM »
I talked about that subject before, most of the members didn't agree with these test. I dough up more info and NBC got nailed with a law suit because they had put explosives on the trucks to "make" news, and if you see the video closely you are going to be able to see that the explosion goes off BEFORE the truck is hit.
If you are still worried they sell some fuel cages.
Rite some of mite be true but Pay attention!! to the cab cause your but in that cab, and the frame witch Almost became 2 pieces! of real tuck, and yes some of that i have scene that can happen it makes me sick!!! the ownlee way to fix it more reinforce it period!!! the best way is to make a new chassis especially made with good procedures. and just so you know i readed the list of People who died from it not! nbc but the police reports of it that a bad thing to see.
Ap riy= [Cha d’fhuaireadh facal Beurla mar Scottish Gaelic]
Life is short gory is eternel

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2009, 04:33:45 PM »
regardless of what you are driving, a Tbone is going to tear any car up.

Offline friendlytruck

• altitude !^^^!

Offline t_graham11

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2009, 02:21:00 AM »
I talked about that subject before, most of the members didn't agree with these test. I dough up more info and NBC got nailed with a law suit because they had put explosives on the trucks to "make" news, and if you see the video closely you are going to be able to see that the explosion goes off BEFORE the truck is hit.
If you are still worried they sell some fuel cages.
Rite some of mite be true but Pay attention!! to the cab cause your but in that cab, and the frame witch Almost became 2 pieces! of real tuck, and yes some of that i have scene that can happen it makes me sick!!! the ownlee way to fix it more reinforce it period!!! the best way is to make a new chassis especially made with good procedures. and just so you know i readed the list of People who died from it not! nbc but the police reports of it that a bad thing to see.

Are you sure you should be driving a Chevy?

Offline friendlytruck

• altitude !^^^!
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2009, 05:55:46 AM »
not quite i drive a sierra and dodge charger (1967-69) and not selling it!

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2009, 07:54:43 AM »
Well as far as getting t boned, You get hard enough your bound to get hurt. As far as the fuel tank blowing up, poppycock! I got hit broad side by big olds 98 in a 79 K 20. Flantend the fuel tank to the frame rail. No fire at all. In my 86 K 20 I ripped a hole in the tank on rocks 4wheeling, again no fire.

Dislikes: The narrower rear track width, The side post battery terminals, I swap mine to top post, The crappy door fender alignment issues,
Likes: Style, easy to work on get parts for, driveability, comfort, The sound of a solid correctly adjusted door closing, I love that sound! There is many other things I love about my Chevy's, some things on one truck might not do it for me on another.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

Offline friendlytruck

• altitude !^^^!
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2009, 12:43:13 PM »
Well as far as getting t boned, You get hard enough your bound to get hurt. As far as the fuel tank blowing up, poppycock! I got hit broad side by big olds 98 in a 79 K 20. Flantend the fuel tank to the frame rail. No fire at all. In my 86 K 20 I ripped a hole in the tank on rocks 4wheeling, again no fire.
Any pic.s just wondering 2 how fast was win getting hit .the reason is no squashed bug effect of me
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 12:56:27 PM by friendlytruck »

Offline Donut

• Frequent Member
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2009, 05:11:14 PM »
Size, style, easy to repair.  What else can you fix with a crescent wrench, tie wire, and a rag, AND have it last for 10 years.

dislikes, now I'm fixing what the PO found an easy fix for  :D, fuel tank non-issue (maybe they should go back behind the seat), I used to think rust, but after looking at mid to late 90's trucks last year, I decided to fix my '73.
'73 Chevy K-20 ***SOLD***
350/tbh350/np205
My plow was half price if i took the truck with it.

'86 C-30 dually, 454/tbh400