Author Topic: need help identifying trim package  (Read 4160 times)

Offline 79 Big10

need help identifying trim package
« on: July 15, 2001, 10:03:00 PM »
I am trying to find out what kind of trim package is on my '79. On the option tag in the glove box it says Bonanza package "B". I am guessing this has to do with the trim. Whatever it is what did this package consist of? Any help would be aprreciated.

84Scotts

Re:Bonanza
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2001, 10:46:00 PM »
Your '79 Bonanza was a promotional limited production trim package. It was meant to be some kind of sales incentive. Look for a sticker on the truck, maybe in the glove box, the inside part of the door, or on the inside fender well in the engine compartment. This sticker should have a list of some of the specs and options included in your trim package. It could be a collector's item since this model had very low production numbers. I don't know a whole lot about this subject, so this is about all i can tell you.

'84

Offline 79 Big10

Re: Re:Bonanza
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2001, 03:42:00 PM »
thanks for the help, I looked on the truck and the only thing that I could come up with is the option sheet says Scottsdale equipment under where it says Bonanza package B.

Offline crossy

Bonanza
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2001, 11:10:00 PM »
Yes,  they had a A, B, and  C  package  by hat my  rochure  has. It  was a sales promotion  thing .I  would  not  say it  makes it any  more collectable  though. It  did  use  different  seat material  and  Badging,but the rest  was  just  certain  options  that were  discounted  in.DAVE    

KIILew

Bonanza trim package
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2001, 10:26:00 PM »
The Bonanza trim package was, as 84SCOTTS described, a special promotional grouping of options.  It was offered during the 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, and 1980 model years, and was typically offered during the final months of those model runs.  There were several packages (typically designated "A", "B", "C", etc., and respectively carrying increasing levels of included equipment) offered on a variety of truck models.  Equivalent packages were offered for GMC vehicles under the "Royal Sierra" designation.

With the exception of the 1980 model year, the packages for the pickups were based upon the Scottsdale trim package, and with the exception of carpeting and nameplates and discounted option prices, resembled other similarly optioned non-Bonanza Scottsdales offered during those years.

The specific packages for 1979 Chevy Big 10 pickups were as follows...

Package A (code YG6) included Scottsdale trim, Bonanza nameplates, color keyed carpets, striped vinyl bench seat, deluxe wheel covers, chrome grille, upper and lower bodyside moldings, clock and gauges, AM radio, inside hood release, automatic transmission, comfortilt steering wheel, intermittent windshield wipers

KIILew

Bonanza trim package continued
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2001, 10:50:00 PM »
oops, post got truncated, so continuing on...

The total savings for package A was $200.

Package B (code YG7) included all items for package A plus tinted glass, air conditioning, cargo lamp; package savings was $300.

Package C (code YG8)  included all items in packages A and B plus operating convenience group (power windows and door locks), speed and cruise control; package savings was $400.

Interestingly, the Scottsdale offered three different upholstery choices.  They were Custom Cloth, Custom Vinyl, and Striped Vinyl.  The Custom Cloth and Custom Vinyl options for non-Bonanza Scottsdales included a color-keyed rubber floor mat while the extra cost Striped Vinyl selection replaced the mat with carpeting.  The Bonanza default upholstery was the striped vinyl, but I believe the Custom Cloth and Custom Vinyl could also be specified for the Bonanza without forteiting the carpet.

Anyway, sorry for the long winded explanation!

Offline 79 Big10

Re: Bonanza trim package continued
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2001, 09:48:00 PM »
excellent info! i have package b, plus cruise control, but no power windows/locks.