Author Topic: Vortec 5.3 install on my 84 C10  (Read 104721 times)

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
Re: Vortec 5.3 install on my 84 C10
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2013, 06:25:00 AM »
um wow. ask him why he didnt brake the window to get in since the door was shut?. all he had to do was take steering wheel off take lock plate off (or super glue the lock pin down) hot wire the distributor and jump the starter. i mean i respect my elders like (vile) lol but c'mon
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline Skyshadow

• Registered Users
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2013, 06:20:10 PM »
Awesome, I can always count on you for insight man. I bent the pedal already but I will trim the tab.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 04:09:57 PM by Captkaos »

Offline Skyshadow

• Registered Users
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2013, 06:22:51 PM »
um wow. ask him why he didnt brake the window to get in since the door was shut?. all he had to do was take steering wheel off take lock plate off (or super glue the lock pin down) hot wire the distributor and jump the starter. i mean i respect my elders like (vile) lol but c'mon
Lol well to be honest, my grandpa has dementia so he doesn't think a lot of stuff thru. I was actually storing it at his house til this happened. When I went to pick it up I found out that he tried to give it to his preacher then his neighbor.

Offline Skyshadow

• Registered Users
« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2013, 11:00:55 PM »
The aluminum radiator fell threw, knew it was too good to be true. Anyways, got a stock radiator out of a 03 tahoe. Should I run the stock reservoir/over flow tank or run a fill cap on the upper hose? What have you guys been doing? 

Offline nucknoel89

• Frequent Member
  • Proud to be Canadian!
« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2013, 11:46:28 AM »
The aluminum radiator fell threw, knew it was too good to be true. Anyways, got a stock radiator out of a 03 tahoe. Should I run the stock reservoir/over flow tank or run a fill cap on the upper hose? What have you guys been doing? 
I just got a standard C10 radiator, it works fine.

Offline Skyshadow

• Registered Users
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2013, 01:13:44 PM »
Well that guy is long gone. Would rather have a newer, more efficient one anyways.

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2013, 10:44:50 PM »
I can't remember the dimentions right off, but the new radiator isn't the same size.

Offline Skyshadow

• Registered Users
« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2013, 09:01:28 PM »
Been putting in work on the C10. I got my fuel tank complete and plumbed. My headers came in the mail and I installed them. They had some fitment issues but I irones most of them out with a torch and leverage. The driver side cylinder one is still hard up on mu A arm though. I do need some help on the wiring,  how do I attach the battery cables to the fuse block? I know I need to but I don't know what configeration. I blew three fuses trying to find out :/

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2013, 11:29:36 PM »
im here for the parts. just dont grab the wrong keg lol nice love it. could make dual tanks like that real easy

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline Skyshadow

• Registered Users
« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2013, 11:54:30 AM »
Yea dual keg would be kind of cool but would take up a lot of my bed. 15.5gal should be enough for now.

Offline Skyshadow

• Registered Users
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2013, 05:25:38 PM »
I'm losing my mind trying to wire this dang truck up! Has anyone used the stock fuse box for the basic power set up? If so, can you please help me figure out what the heck I'm doing wrong! I have a wire running from C1:B11 to my ignition for constant power, that works.  Then I have a wire running from my ignition to C1:A9 that feeds power to the fuse box upon run/start. That wire is also feeding properly. Next I have my power wire to the fuel pump which I'm not real concerned with right now. Then lastly I have a 12v wire running to C152:C upon run/start. I put all this together and I'm getting nothing on key turn. My dash lights up, but no engine turning over. I know my fuse box is powering up.  Am I forgetting a set or what? Any help would be grand. Also please don't just refer me to another thread, I have been combing threads that people suggests and I have not figured it out 

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2013, 11:49:29 PM »
let me start off with this, im kind of confused with what your saying maybe you covered it but, do you have a power wire running from start on the ignition to the starter solenoid? i see you say upon run/start and im not really familiar with the wires but this seams different than the start position of the switch since you dont want the starter to still be getting power once the key is switch back to run after the engine has started.

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2013, 01:45:19 AM »
Stock to the truck or to the engine.  Verify switched power to the solenoid.  The factory wiring from the truck is going to be used for that.

Offline Skyshadow

• Registered Users
« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2013, 11:04:45 AM »
So you boys are saying I have to run a indepentant hot wire straight to the starter solenoid?  There is no path to it thru the wiring harness? If that's so then I'll do that but why am I running power to C9 and C153:C apon run/start? Wiring is by far my weakest ability.

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2013, 11:13:58 PM »
the starter should get a temporary hot when you turn the ignition to start. then once you release the ignition to run the temporary power will be shut off. like capt said you should be able to use part of your old wire harness for that. i dont know what that c9 is for but something require power to run lol i mean the c9 might be to the ecm to tell it to stay running then once you turn off the ignition the c9 will lose power and act like a kill switch to the ecm and turn off the engine