Author Topic: clear tailights?  (Read 6386 times)

silverflamed6

clear tailights?
« on: May 22, 2002, 04:52:00 PM »
Does anyone know where to get clear taillight lenses for an 81 fleetside?  They were out on the market for a little while but it seems as if everyone has stopped carrying them.
thanks

Offline 73K20

• Registered Users
Re: clear tailights?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2002, 09:35:00 AM »
try this link it should be what your looking for. Clear Tailights

1973 K20 - 350/350/205

silverflamed6

altezza style
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2002, 03:27:00 PM »
I was actually looking for the old style of clear taillights, the ones that are illegal, however those are worth looking into.  thanks for the help.

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
Re: altezza style
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2002, 10:20:00 PM »
Do yourself a favor and don't put them on. people get rear ended way more often with these for some reason. and honestlty they are more for crack daadddyyy Honda's ;)
But you can get them through JCWhitney

~Captain's Log~

,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

silverflamed6

rearendings
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2002, 07:17:00 AM »
That poses an interesting question now though, because i dont like the looks of the altezza style, it is as if they are trying to make a classic truck look new and trendy, doesnt fly with me.  but as far as getting rearended, i have been hoping to get rearended for some time.  that way i will be able to shave the tailights and tailgate and install some led light strips. =) Besides the plain ole crack daddyy honda clear matches my paint scheme better since i have a deep metallic green with silver tribal flames down the length of the truck.  thanks for the advice though. =)

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
Re: rearendings
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2002, 10:59:00 PM »
:lol  

~Captain's Log~

,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

wulfftruble

cleartaillights
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2002, 05:47:00 PM »
if  any one finds the old school clear tail lights please for the love of God email me  please
wulfftruble@aol.com

82silverado383

re: Clear Taillights
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2002, 11:07:00 PM »
I have an 82 Silverado and I've found 2 places that carry euro style taillights. www.streetbeatonline.com carrys the clear and red Altezza style taillights and Summit Racing carries the APC Euro Tec style taillights in their Truck Style section.

Altezza - $149.95
Euro Tec - $169.95

R2R

Clear tail lights,,,,,,,
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2002, 07:01:00 PM »
Come-on guys,,,,,,,,,, Talking about looking "trendy" with designer lens. Why wreak one of the best looking trucks made. Get some stock tail light lens with the chrome rings around them. That would look sharp with the green truck,,,,real Chirstmas looking,,HO-HO-HO.
    Not to mension the ,,,,ILLEGAL,,,, part of your idea.
    Anougher fine truck bits the dust,,,,,,,,who do I send the flowers to.

Offline DixieOffroad87

• Registered Users
Re: Clear tail lights,,,,,,,
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2002, 07:59:00 PM »
thank you for saying that i think the same thing when i see a lowered model of this truck or any lowered truck for that matter

Offline 84 silverado

tailights and lowered trucks......
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2002, 04:47:00 PM »
I guess we should all have rusted out old four wheel drives with the biggest tires we can get, no mufflers and lotsa stickers on the back glass to insure EVERYONE knows we're rednecks........ Sorry, I've had four wheel drives, stock trucks and lowered one's. I like 'em all unless the owner flames other folk's rides.........
oh yea, as far as the tail lights go, I prefer the stock type with the chrome trim but sometimes the clear ones look pretty good against a grey or white background paint.

R2R

Tail lights re-thought,,,,,
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2002, 10:59:00 PM »
84 Silverado;
     Your right I should not have said that,,I'm sorry.                                                                    What made me think of this I found a place in North Carolina that carries clear tail lights for 1967-1972. If your still looking I'll see if he carries them for 1973-1987.
   Very humbly,,,,,,,,Jim

Offline 84 silverado

more tail light shtuff....
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2002, 11:04:00 PM »
hey guys, if any of you are really interested in some failry decent stock replacement stuff there's a guy on ebay "mrtaillight" I believe who sells stock repro stuff for a pretty decent price. Last time I saw a set of lenses with chrome along with marker lights(front) for 81 and up trucks they were around $34 a set.... not bad for a simple fix that really improves the loverall look of your truck. Hey Jim, no apologies needed from you dude. You never "flamed" a lowrider other than just kidding around. Like I said, I like em all, big and small....... trucks that is!!!!