Author Topic: New Interior- HELP !  (Read 3568 times)

Offline sc87

New Interior- HELP !
« on: April 26, 2003, 11:37:00 AM »
OK, the cab is bare and I've got new dash, new carpet, new headliner,new seat covers, refreshed interior trim all ready to go back in. PLEASE, any words of wisdom or good advise from those of you that have " been there, done that" ???

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
Interior
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2003, 09:35:00 PM »
Take your time installing it, it will pay off in the long run.

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

Offline chrisr

insulate!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2003, 04:27:00 PM »
While it is here, cover every exposed interior panel, ie: floor, rear of cab with a good insulation.  you can buy that rubber "dynamat" stuff, or the foil sided jute that is about 3/8 of an inch thick.    I found a kind of foamy floor runner stuff in the home depot and glued it on the floor boards, and under the seat, then covered it all with the foil faced "bubble wrap" looking stuff you can buy at home depot too.... about 60 bucks worth of stuff and a couple of cans of spray adhesive... it rides like a caddy! very quite and noise proof.

Offline sc87

Re: insulate!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2003, 10:12:00 PM »
Any problems getting your carpet to stick to the insulation? I was planning on using 3M spray adhesive.

Offline chrisr

re:gluing the carpet
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2003, 09:00:00 AM »
Most decent carpet kits you get will have some of the brown regular jute glued on the main floorboard areas and of the trans hump, but the carpet itself lays on top of the floor.  It isnt glued down.  I did use the 3M glue in a can to glue down all of the insulation, though .. it worked fine.
I used the same glue to put tweed on the door panel inserts and headliner, too.
(they make 2 kinds, I bought the more expensive, stronger stuff.  It has a number, but I cant think of it ricght now.)