Author Topic: Stacey Davids GearZ on Speed TV  (Read 10683 times)

Offline jimmy38fan

Stacey Davids GearZ on Speed TV
« on: February 21, 2009, 12:08:35 AM »
Just sending out a heads up to all you GearZ fans about the premiere show kicking off our new season 2009.

This Saturday, Feb. 21, at 9 a.m. EST our first episode will be airing on SPEED network. When you tune in you’re going to be introduced to The KnuckleBuster, a well-worn ’73 Chevy pickup left for dead in the late ‘80s, and you will see Stacey start to bring it back to life. It’s the beginning of a three part series that features a project most anybody can do. With today’s economy and the price of new vehicles, this show demonstrates that there is a better option than buying something new…bust your own knuckles and build it yourself! Then Stacey sits down with off-road racing legend Ivan Stewart to find out what makes him the Ironman.  We hope you’ll be watching on Saturday so you won’t miss one minute of the excitement!

Offline DnStClr

Re: Stacey Davids GearZ on Speed TV
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 12:16:51 AM »
Thanks for the post! I'll be puttin an ignition module in my 87 but I guess I can find time for old Stacey
 lol.
Don
87 Chevy Silverado

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 07:47:02 AM »
Is there a place it will be shown on the internet? I don't have TV. Well I have a TV just choose not to spend money on cable or satellite.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

Offline joesgarage71

• Wrench
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 10:00:01 AM »
I watched it this morning, Through my eye lids.
78' K-20 355/SM465/twin stick 205 6" on 36's
14 bolt FF/big bearing Dana 44 4.56 gears

92' GMC C-1500 454/4L80E/14 bolt

Offline DnStClr

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 11:04:31 AM »
Actually, it was hardly a worn out truck imo. I liked it ( what does that say about me, huh?) A very good show tho. There's drama ( David throwin and kickin parts around), there's love (David caressing the new brake parts), there's blood( he scrapes the crap out of his wrist), there's the story line of the truck going from bad to good, and of course, a hero at the end. No, not Stacey. Ironman.  ha ha
I gotta get back outside..
Don
87 Chevy Silverado

Offline eventhorizon66

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 12:36:25 PM »
I was a little disappointed.  First off, I agree with Don, there was nothing wrong with the truck from the start.  He's standing there raggin' on how it looks and I'm thinking "OK where's the punchline, he can't be serious."  He was - at least as far as the script goes.  Then he keeps telling us how inexpensively they can be modified, while standing behind $3500 worth of brake and suspension parts.  The only reason I think I wouldn't keep the Cragars is because the brakes now require 17"+.  Of course, this being a budget build, he goes with 18"x8" front and 20"x10" rear.  Easily over $1500 with tires; Cha-ching!  After watching this "budget" build, that has already cost over $5000 without touching drivetrain, paint, or interior, the only question I have is "what's he smokin'?"  Oh, that's right, the grass he bought with the money SSBC and DJM threw his way for the ad spot, LOL.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 12:40:28 PM by eventhorizon66 »
'85 C10 SWB 350 700R4 TKO600

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 10:32:03 AM »
Send him an email and let him know we're not dummies! Stop with all these advertisement builds which only focus on the products they are trying to push.
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠¯¯¯¯¯'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 09:18:02 PM »
I was all excited when it said it was bringing it back to life.  I thought, cool!  The he ragged on its looks and then rolled the same truck out with some bigger wheels and a drop.  Woopie!

Big Blaze was more of a back to life build....

Offline smitty77

• Registered Users
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 09:53:37 AM »
Even my six year old saw through his sales pitch.  We're watching over the cereal bowl, and he say "Dad, we need to do that to my truck!", referring to the stainless brakes.  I told him it would cost a boatload.

His next comment, keeping in mind he's 6 - "I thought he said this was going to be cheap! And he didn't even work on the engine or transmission yet!"  This kid will go far, boys.

We were both stoked to see a 73-87 build.  It was a total letdown.

Offline JRConnieK10

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2009, 11:16:25 AM »
Even my six year old saw through his sales pitch.  We're watching over the cereal bowl, and he say "Dad, we need to do that to my truck!", referring to the stainless brakes.  I told him it would cost a boatload.

His next comment, keeping in mind he's 6 - "I thought he said this was going to be cheap! And he didn't even work on the engine or transmission yet!"  This kid will go far, boys.

We were both stoked to see a 73-87 build.  It was a total letdown.
Now thats a proud father/son moment. Priceless.
'85 K10 LWB 350/SM465
BUILT NOT BOUGHT

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2009, 10:39:24 PM »
The did part 2 this time, still not a "cheap" build, but they are doing more to it.  Motor/trans install (bought a crate motor) along with a locker.

Offline DnStClr

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2009, 11:52:42 AM »
I was throwin up an missed it.lol
Don
87 Chevy Silverado

Offline 80stepsideguy

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2009, 12:34:14 PM »
Truck looks good but i mentioned i was going to do my firewall the bed coating, i think i`ll paint it instead.But he is doing a nice job on it but what bugs me is that everything they get is donated for advertisement purposes and noone can fork over a ton of lot like what he is doing in 1 shot.

thanks
pat
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 01:16:47 PM by 80stepsideguy »
1980 Chevy c10 restomod:  350/700r4 12 bolt 3.73 rearend iris blue metallic
1998 Chevy 1500 S/B 2wd
1970 cougar convertible: triple white 1 of 1
2014 Hyundai Tucson Limited(my daily driver)
2023 Kia Sportage X Pro (her daily driver).
2017 Hyundai Tucson Limited(her everyday driver).

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2009, 07:31:02 PM »
We painted a firewall with bedliner coating and it peeled. I did my Mutt with GM trunk spatter paint and painted it black. Came out nice.
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠¯¯¯¯¯'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline Stewart G Griffin

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2009, 04:45:18 PM »
i saw the episode today of the interior.

i generally give the show a thumbs down;  While i'm sure Mr. david is a nice person, he NEVER goes into any detail and thinks everything is funny---i'd like to hear him talk about 9/11.

What someone needs to do as far as car shows is to have a live call in show where someone asks a question, and they actually do the work live in real time,  showing every detail.  i think whoever does that will get all the marbles.  But i won't get any big dollar advertisers you say?  Then sell it to PBS.

Speaking of PBS, there is a show called "this old house."  And on this show, they really get into detail about how to do a task.  Car shows must get like this or we, as a society, are in for futher ruin.