Author Topic: phantom billet grille  (Read 6987 times)

Offline 86SilveradoEric

phantom billet grille
« on: June 29, 2003, 11:02:00 PM »
man, oh man, i really hope someone here can help me out.  there is a local car lot here where i live where the guy gets in brings in custom trucks and muscle cars all the time, and he just started getting 81-87 pickups. there's one there now that has a phantom billet grill on it, but its like none other that i've seen.  it has a 2" wide strip of metal going across the grill in the middle, between the headlights from fender to fender..its friggin' sweet.  and its color matched with the whole truck to pull it all together.  problem is, i can't find this dang grille, and the guy has sold the truck now. :(   i really really want this grille..here's a link of a truck with one.. help me out on this one, guys.
custom phantom billet grille

Offline Eric 85K10

Custom
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2003, 02:34:00 AM »
It looks like a custom job to me. Like someone took a full phanton grill and cut out the middle and then added that middle strip. It probably wouldn't be too hard to customize it.

Offline 80HULK

NOT CUSTOM
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2003, 10:25:00 AM »
that is not a custom done job.... there is an add in just about every issue of truckin magozine with that grille in it.. he did the work of frenching in the sides but there is a kit out there ...  wish i had a mag to show you.... ill keep an eye out for the ad...

Offline 86SilveradoEric

Re: NOT CUSTOM
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2003, 04:59:00 PM »
i was pretty certain it was not custom, due to the fact that i've seen about two dozen trucks online with that grille.  if anyone knows where i can get one, please let me know!

Offline 79Blues

I think it looks custom
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2003, 08:43:00 PM »
Kind of looks like a custom to me.  That bar just sits way to flush to the front end to not be some sort of custom.

By the size of the headlights and the turn signals looks like he started by adding the front from the 88-91 blazers/suburbans then frenched the lights, and added a phantom grill.  You can get the front end kit at this Link.

Looks like kind of a cool upgrade, I'm not sure about where to get a phantom grill kit though.

Offline 79Blues

spoke too soon
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2003, 09:10:00 PM »
Looks like I spoke too soon.  I was cruising through my Truckin' magazine and found the grill I think you're looking for..  HERE

Offline 79Blues

what state do I live in? Confusion
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2003, 09:18:00 PM »
Ok, looks like that may not be the exact grill (the link is for a 68 grill the pic looks right though), but I bet that place can hook you up with the correct grill.  Or you could probably search around the site and find it.

I = Confused

Offline chrisr

here it is
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2003, 12:51:00 AM »
I see the grill you are talking about in ads all the time.
I just got my new custom classic truck mag and it is here in the aim industries add.
www.truckin.com
or 1800-892-8789.

they have the grill for 299.00 (ouch) and a cool matching front valance/rollpan that replaces the bumper for 199.00.
i always see the adds with the pix to show it on a good looking purple truck with yellow scallops on the side.
good luck!