Author Topic: Lowering a 78 Burb  (Read 1894 times)

Offline Smokehouse

Lowering a 78 Burb
« on: December 12, 2018, 12:54:23 PM »
I'm tired of new trucks and the prices are getting to crazy for what you get so I bought a super solid 78 burb scottsdale with a stock 4 speed for the whole family can ride together in. My other car is a 59 bug with no seat belts and my son can't be in that car til he's 12 and he's 4 now. I can dump some money into this burb and still have a nicer truck than a new one and have more smiles per mile and the value will go up and not down like a new truck. I love a scottsdale because it's super simple and less things to go wrong with it just crank windows and sm465 so I don't have to worry about it going out.

Well iIve been looking and I have never seen any straight answers on lowering a burb. I believe I want to do a 4.5 in the front that's not the problem everybody knows how to do that. My real question is the rear. I was thinking about 4 inches because I still want to use the burb for towing my vw's to shows and odds and ends. I was thinking about either shackles and hangers and maybe pull a few springs. Do hangers work on burbs? and the shackles what do you do about the fuel inlet without it hitting the shackle or does it hit? The other options I have read is the monospring, but can I still tow with that if worst comes to worst I can install helper bags which I am fine with if I can use that spring. I'm not sure if I wont to do a flip because of towing. My burb sits pretty straight there's about 4 inch of gap on the front from the tire to the fender and the same on the rear.
Sorry I don't have any pics I'll try to take some this weekend.
You are not that hot to be that bitchy.

Offline ezstriper

Re: Lowering a 78 Burb
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 02:42:45 PM »
I am doing a 91, western chassis has what looks to be good kit, where I'm leaning right now