Author Topic: So.... first order in a while for Jegs..... boy oh boy  (Read 923 times)

Offline 87ChevyR10

• Registered Users
So.... first order in a while for Jegs..... boy oh boy
« on: November 21, 2023, 01:00:36 PM »
So I have purchased $500 to $1000 of parts the past 3 weeks for my Chevy. Of this, I felt my baby deserved some new rims as I know the old ones were rusted. After a lot of research trying to find the basic look I wanted, I chose the Vision 84 d window, reminds me on the stock cars. Anywho, I found them several places but price matched at Jegs and ordered. 

Results? It's not Jeg's as they don't deliver, but man...... if this isn't a reason  to swear off Fedex? IDK what is. They all damage packages, yeah, its part of it sometimes. Yeah. This was beyond that. And lost 1 of the 4 and signed it as delivered the prior day when the rim showed up the next.

Was really disappointed in Fedex. For future reference, if you HAVE a delivery preference, call and have them note in the account notes you want Fedex or UPS to deliver to you. Did NOT know that til yesterday.\

The end all? They gave me $100 off for the damage, i accepted it and i asked hey, since they are scratched up now, is it possible to throw in some touch-up paint? And they did! They did what they could on the situation. Things happen, I get it. But I left happy with the result. If it was some $1000 rims, ok, i wouldnt have been as chill as some $70-80 racing rims.

Anybody have similar experiences there or with Fedex or UPS? How did they resolve your situation?

BUT, I'll have her on those. Still currently lost on the tires as I was researching what size to use on my size rims. I seen 345, which aint no way. Finally saw the 255/60s & 255/265/70s fit the rear 15x10s. Shocked that there are very few options available for a tire of that size. But the BF Goodrich Radial T/A series is what i am going with for tires. They look great, and I believe I'll be able to tuck those with no rub.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2023, 01:11:24 PM by bd »

Offline Shifty

• I bleed Bowtie red...
Re: So.... first order in a while for Jegs..... boy oh boy
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2023, 01:55:38 PM »
My last order of Wheel Vintiques looked like that too....also missing 1 of 4...came in two days later.   Luckily, they were going out for powdercoat anyway. 

Friggen shipping companies man... >:(
87 V20 Standard Cab Longbed (current)

87 R30 3+3 Longbed (days of yore)

98 C2500 ext cab longbed

Offline 87ChevyR10

• Registered Users
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2023, 02:24:41 PM »
Yeah, that'll definitely take the wind out of the sails so to speak when you're teeming with excitement and it finally shows looking like the package Ace Ventura had in the opening scene.

They did what they could do to make it right in my eyes and I will touch them up, slap em on and roll out.

Hopefully these 255/265s fit nicely on these 15x10s.

Would've loved to do 17s but they don't make them in a 17 unfortunately.

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2023, 05:58:19 PM »
You don't even need a pulse anymore to get a job so they're hiring whatever they can get. I feel bad for the employees that do a good job. Their reputations are tarnished because of the imbeciles working for them. You should see what I deal with
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline JohnnyPopper

• Old Goof
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2023, 07:28:18 PM »
Looks like very poor OEM packaging, recycled cardboard X?, thin and weak.

Sorry, can't wait to seem them with new sneakers on!
1957 Apache 3100 235 Inline 6, 3 on the tree
1973 C-20, 3+3 454 4BBL TH400  Water Injection
1978 K-10, 350 4BBL TH350 NP203 M.M. Part time Kit/Hubs
1980 C-10 under construction

Offline Shifty

• I bleed Bowtie red...
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2023, 11:17:41 AM »
You don't even need a pulse anymore to get a job so they're hiring whatever they can get. I feel bad for the employees that do a good job. Their reputations are tarnished because of the imbeciles working for them. You should see what I deal with
Agree 100%
87 V20 Standard Cab Longbed (current)

87 R30 3+3 Longbed (days of yore)

98 C2500 ext cab longbed