Author Topic: 1974 chevy truck...  (Read 25015 times)

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
Re: 1974 chevy truck...
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2006, 11:08:00 PM »
Its been 22 years since I went through Falgstaff on the way to the Grand Canyon. We got to the Canyon it was like 70 degrees out side, next morning we woke up to like 6+" of snow, by that after noon it was almost gone and 75 degrees again. I willl never forget the spectical of the Grand Canyon for the rest of my life. Awesome! I hope to go there again someday.

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

Offline terrywolfpack

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2006, 11:10:00 AM »
it seems to me everyone is doing what i'm doing. Sometimes there is still alot of life left in these vehicles and sometimes there just for parts for the other running ones. I like the older stuff but the sad thing is once it's gone it's gone.:(  , and we have all this new stuff which is nice but has made our society lazy and appreciate the simple trucks like ours...Anyone have an inside dash wiring diagram?...Thanks Terry

ccb

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2006, 01:55:00 PM »
Hmmm, I don't thing anyone can afford to buy a new truck to tell the truth. If you add up all the cost  the single in come person or even the two person income can't afford a new cars. Now days what you pay for a car and if you count the intrest you pay you could buy a home. So I think a lot of people buy and fix up car and truck out of need more that anything else. And with the way the old classic are going up in value it just a mater of time you wont be able to buy one. Who would have every though that a 72 restore chevy truck would be worth 30,000 dollars. SO save them if you got them buy them if you can, someday it could be your retirement.

Craig

Offline terrywolfpack

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2006, 03:34:00 PM »
yeah i had to buy a 2005 chevy express love that van really nice but it's a family vehicle me myself right now i drive a 76 ford that i got for 1 buck and it runs that's me, cheap only drive it 4 miles a day so i can't complain but i need to find a chevy now to play with to...Terry

Offline Lt.Del

• Andy aka:SgtDel
  • DelbridgePhotography.com
    • www.delbridge.net
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2006, 05:50:00 PM »
I don't think it is a question of affording a new truck, you can get financing for 10 years if you want.  It's a question of wanting to spend that amount for four wheels.

If you take the same amount of money, say $500 a month for 5 years and throw it in a mutual fund, heck, I can't count that high as to what it would be worth in 20years.

That is why i drive a 91 sub and a 79 chevy.  Sub=$3500 and chevy truck was $2000.  Yeah, i threw a $2800 motor in the truck....she runs better than a $30k new truck and i can change the spark plugs without going to a dealer.

I didn't even mention the cheap insurance for these vehicles...me, having two trucks on the road costs less than $500 a year...liability only...of course my primary car is a sheriff's car.  That's what i told my insurance agent and he gave me a great deal.

rambling here...

til next time
Sgt Del

p.s.   GO GEORGE MASON UNIVERSITY basketball.....27th ranked in the nation....yeehaw.

ccb

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2006, 07:37:00 PM »
I'm not saying you could not buy one, only your not going to have any money left to have fun with. I stop buying new cars in 85, are newest is a 96 ford windstar. We have no payments cheap insurance. I just don't under having a loan for somethink that is going to loose your money, its just crazy.

Craig    

Offline terrywolfpack

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2006, 07:48:00 PM »
with six kids i had to get a new van that would hold us all. I got a great deal on it 2005 chevy express with only 16,000 miles on it for about 18,685 and only about 360 a month so i couldn't go wrong for that deal ya know....besides i have seatbelts plus for everyone...Don't get me wrong i love my old stuff but we do alot of traveling to swap kids with the ex's so what can i say a blended family.....Terry.

ccb

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2006, 10:04:00 PM »
Terry, been there done that know the deal got to have a good driver to run the kids a round. Man I don't miss that at all. I'm having a flash back wow! all most forgot how hard it was Kids new wife exwife school day care your plans there plans the head games OH MY God! LOL

Now I know why men don't live as long as a woman does. LOL

Thank God for manland, the garage my trucks all is right in the world when I'm there Hmmmmm Hmmmmm. LOL

Craig  

Offline terrywolfpack

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2006, 08:09:00 AM »
yeah craig i have an exwife that will put a man six feet under with the crap she pulls and the funny thing is she doesn't think she does no wrong? My wife's exhusband know is to bad but mine is a real piece of work... I could go into great novels on her but she's getting ready to take me back to court because i will only let her see the girls once a month.. I think it would be for the best because she plays to many mind games with them and she just got back from california from being there 2 years and know she wants to be a mom...But like you said thank God for projects keeping your mind busy or i would go stir crazy....Terry

Offline Lt.Del

• Andy aka:SgtDel
  • DelbridgePhotography.com
    • www.delbridge.net
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2006, 10:12:00 AM »
Hey Blazin, how much snow ya'll got up there in New Hampshaaa
We got anywhere from 4 to 10 inches in VA  

Offline terrywolfpack

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2006, 10:29:00 AM »
I wish we could get some snow here in the midwest it's dry and the poor farmers are going to have a tough year if we don't and that's not good on a smalltown community, cause if the farmers suffer the economy suffers...Terry

Offline terrywolfpack

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2006, 10:32:00 AM »
I'm going to go look at that 74 again sometime this week and i might talk to the owners and make sure they found a title for it before i take things any further, because a title will go along way...Terry.

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2006, 04:23:00 PM »
We only got about 3" but about 40 miles south of us got 8" to 12" and from the Mass border down they got hammered. some reports saying 16" to 32".

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

ccb

« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2006, 06:45:00 PM »
Terry, I could wright that book to Its just amazing what they think they can do. But one think I learned if you let them they will hang them selfs. Be tuff don't give an inch or your in deep @#%$. and taken her to court every time they pull @#%$ it hurts the old pocket book but sends a clear message you not messing aroung. get it together quit playing head games. You gotta tell the courts what she doing to the girl it really will mess them up later been there too.   You got the kidds she want to see them, then it has to be earned. I think she may see the old dollars sign now It may be the only reason she want to play mommy.  So hang in there God know it tuff but it does get better.  Onec they stop beening Mad at you.

any how do you think your going to pick up the truck? That will be so cool to work on.

Craig.

ccb

« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2006, 06:56:00 PM »
Yea gotta have the old title it take so long to get one from the DMV.

Hope you get it. A great stress releaver to go out and tinker with even when you don't have any money to spend on it. the first part won't cost ya just a lot of time taking thing a part clean repairing and painting them putting it all back together.

Craig