Author Topic: Questions about 81 Scotsdale  (Read 3538 times)

Offline 81chevy

Questions about 81 Scotsdale
« on: June 02, 2002, 12:51:00 AM »
I am currently just starting my first project truck a 81 scotsdale and was wondering how hard (any hints or tricks) it is to install cruise control,  tilt steering and intermediate wipers.  The p/u has a a 350 carb.  Like I said this is my first and I want to do most of the work myself not pay for it. Thanks in advance for your help.

Offline Kevin108

• Frequent Member
Re: Questions about 81 Scotsdale
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2002, 10:54:00 AM »
The cruise and wipers are probably best handled by aftermarket units.

Steering I'm guessing (<- note guess) that you need to find a tilt-included column in a junkyard and install it.

87 Silverado 4x4 Longbed Pickup
My Mods | Truck Pics | E-mail Me

Offline 81chevy

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2002, 08:19:00 PM »
Thanks,  would I have to leave the wipers on the dash or would it be best to move them to the column??

Offline Kevin108

• Frequent Member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2002, 08:25:00 PM »
Sometimes things move slow on this board...  I've only had a fullsize about 3 weeks so I'm pretty in the dark with some things still.  I'd wait a few days and see what others had to say on everything.  As for the wipers, it would probably depend on what kind of setup aftermarket cruise offered.  I don't know anything about the units themselves other than that they are available and when I inquired about adding it on my S-10 everybody told me the easiest way was with an aftermarket unit rather than adding to the factory wiring harness.  But later on a source told me the wire(s) are already present in the harness, it was just a matter of locating and extending it, but that was never confirmed.

87 Silverado 4x4 Longbed Pickup
My Mods | Truck Pics | E-mail Me