Author Topic: I stole my truck  (Read 3915 times)

Offline 123 pugsy

I stole my truck
« on: June 10, 2007, 06:48:56 PM »
I was using my keys to open a box at Home Depot today and dropped them and didn't notice as I was struggling with the box. Some moron picked them up and didn't turn them in. Called the wife to bring my spares ,but she couldn't find any.I had to break in thru the window ,hot wire it and disconnect the tranny linkage to shift it. :o
I sure hope the genius who picked up my keys enjoys them. >:(
Pugsy
76 C10 LWB
TPI 350

Offline DnStClr

Re: I stole my truck
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 09:22:23 PM »
Sorry to hear about your crummy day 123pugsy. Like you, I don't keep an extra key in my wallet. But maybe this is a good time to think about doin so eh?
Don
87 Chevy Silverado

Offline 123 pugsy

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 05:04:58 AM »
The worst thing is I have no spare keys,DUH. I have a 4 digit code for the ignition key.Hopefully I can get one made with this info.As for the door locks,I'm screwed.
Pugsy
76 C10 LWB
TPI 350

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 11:38:16 AM »
Now that does stink!  I typically keep a key someone on me or hidden on the truck somewhere.

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 04:04:34 PM »
You can get new door lock cylinders and a new ignition cylinder for under $30 bucks at autozone. They have chrome and black -it'll be cheaper than having a lock smith code them. Get a hide a key magnetic box and stuff it up on your frame rail... Also try going back there and asking if someone turned them in
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline 123 pugsy

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 06:18:14 PM »
My locksmith cut an ignition key from the code # and it worked perfectly. He had a box of door keys,found one close,minor adjustments and I can use it on the drivers side only. 80 bucks,not bad.
Glad I took the number off the original key I think? Got it somewhere,I believe on the knockout part of the key.
Pugsy
76 C10 LWB
TPI 350

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007, 07:08:07 AM »
I went for 2 years with only one ignition key, and no door keys to my K 30. I had several made but knowone could get it right. They kept going by the year not the key code. But what do I know I was just the customer. One place told me it had to be that year, because if it wasn't the ignition wouldn't fit. Three places told me " oh,  well you can't make a copy from a copy " Hello? I finally went to a place that listened to me and used the letter code on the key. Worked first time. Come to find out the letter code tells me it has an 86 ignition cylinder, and I put 82 door locks in!
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs