Author Topic: wrecked my chevy! :(  (Read 1873 times)

Offline 1980cdeluxe

wrecked my chevy! :(
« on: April 19, 2006, 08:57:00 PM »
As the subject says.. just needed a place to vent. I was messing around with some friends, and the truck got the best of me. Took her into the ditch and messed some stuff up in the front end. The way my dad was saying, I messed up the sway bar, bent my brand new 2'' add-a-leaf, messed up the spindle thing (knuckle?) the wheel on the drivers side wouldn't turn left, but would turn right.. whatever... I feel like complete crap. I guess sometimes especially as a teen you like to show off and you think 'it wont happen to you'.. It happens though in the blink of an eye, a real shot to the chin.. Sucks that I had to learn this the hard way. I miss driving her already :(   - and I have to pay to get everything fixed... Not sure when either. I hope it doesn't have to sit too long, but the price my dad is thinking...

Back to riding the school bus, and staying in school all day instead of skipping out for lunch... BAHHHHHH!

I was wondering if anyone could show me some pics of parts identification for the drivers side front end, so I can look into this problem more to see what it's gonna cost me.. The entire front end would be even better!

Edited by: 1980cdeluxe at: 4/19/06 8:28 pm

Offline Z28 c10

• Registered Users
Re: wrecked my chevy! :(
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 09:07:00 PM »
After repairing it yourself, you'll either replace that dana 44 with a 60 or you'll think twice about being Mr. Offroad King.Dude, its a real pain in the rear when you break front end hardware, but, think about it this way, if you fix it yourself, you'll gain some knowledge that you wil need in the future if you decide to stay in these trucks. Besides, that front end is 26 years old, could probably use a good rebuild by now.

JayTater

Z28 C10

Offline shaved80

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 11:13:00 PM »
just part of being young and stupid :lol  i've done plenty stupid things...and definetly had to pay for it. just about a month ago i was showing off in the rain and lost control, luckily there were no cars around and the only damage was to the sidewalk where i took out quite a big chunk with my lca

ccb

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 10:05:00 PM »
I never crash my truck or did any showing off except in a big, big old parking lot. I have had my share of wrecks for not thinking when I was about 22. I saw what happen to my friend and it was never worth it to me,I just did all my wild stuff off road from dirt bikes to buggies to 4x4.  I got over the bike after I keep hurting my self. I found I was much better off in a 5 point harness.
one thing Never race your only ride. and if ya have to make a play truck so if you break it your not down. and don't forget your 5 point harness

Craig

OKUMA111

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 09:44:00 PM »
just to be in the safe side bro. ,  heve your chevy's frame checked-out for bends, twists and or cracks.