Author Topic: What do you like/dislike ?  (Read 17861 times)

Offline chevy shortbox

Re: What do you like/dislike ?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2006, 03:47:00 PM »
one word,'' style''they just look great! i like seeing peoples heads turn when they see my ride!!!!!!8)  

Offline maxwell75c10

What do you like/dislike ?
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2006, 09:16:00 AM »
I really like the fact that I'm 6'4" and can still sit on the inner fenders to work on my chromed out 350 4BB.
 + you dont have to remove 8 peices of plastic and 2 wireing harnesses to do a "simple oil change" I love my truck!!! And so do my friends. besides it takes a beateing
and is always ready for more.
       "Its a chevy truck, not a sedany sports car thingy-
  so drive it like you stole it and PUNCH IT!!!!!!!!!!!"
                                                    -Maxwell

Offline Lt.Del

• Andy aka:SgtDel
  • DelbridgePhotography.com
    • www.delbridge.net
What do you like/dislike ?
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2006, 10:05:00 AM »
I know there are pros and cons to this issue, but, i do not particularly like the side battery posts on the gm batteries.  It is more difficult to tie in other circuits to the battery and you need a special wrench to loosen/tighten the terminals.

My old fords have the top mounted postes and it is so easy to work on and tie in other leads to it.

I am sure some people here likes those gm posts, but I for one don't.

SgtDel

Offline Steph

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2006, 11:48:00 AM »
First off, I seen this topic and just had to add my 2 cents worth.

I think I just might be the youngest person here, don’t know for sure, but I think that God has blessed me with the insight to see just how well designed these trucks are. I mean, lets be honest here, these trucks were not engineered, designed, and built by General Motors yesterday. These trucks came from a time when a truck was supposed to be a truck, nothing more nothing less. These trucks were practically bullet proof tough, as they were designed to be that way.  They also were, for the most part, way ahead of there time. Why? Well go outside a look at them, these trucks have a look, all their own. You can tell that General Motors spent a lot of time on these trucks when they first engineered them. They are not something that GM just through together, and hoped it would be a good truck. GM actually worked hard on these trucks and it shows. From a design point of view the 73-87 (full-size) trucks look “healthy” there are no excess body bulges, these trucks put me in the mind of a toned Olympic athlete, the newer Chevrolet/GMC trucks look like they have been on a weekend food binge, they look obese. I love the square grille, the long hood, and GM’s use of chrome on these trucks. That signature flare that starts at the front fender and goes the length of the truck, around the back, across the tailgate and down the other side. That look makes these trucks a timeless classic.

Now as to what I don’t like about them, well I hate the fact that they don’t have a tight turning radius, It takes me forever to turn my Chevy around, and if I’m in a crowded parking lot……..forget it. But I have to say the turning radius is good considering the time period these trucks came from.

Back to that square front end and long hood, they make judging distances very hard when parking.  

I still think these trucks are, and will always be, the best truck that GM has ever produced.

Edited by: Steph at: 5/23/06 10:12 pm

Offline 1980cdeluxe

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2006, 05:19:00 PM »
I love the huge blind spot when sitting on 38's, makes parking jobs a real treat. I absolutely love the look of them, I've grew up around them. There's always been at least one in the family since I can remember. Now that I'm older I can work and buy my own vehicles..  I already have two - a 78 2wd big10 granny 4 speed 250 straight 6, and a 80 4x4 TH400 on 33'' 12.50's with a 350 punched .30 over that my dad gave me when I turned 16, I absolutely LOVE this truck. I have a lot in store for them, as soon as I graduate which should be in a few weeks if all goes to plan..

My brother has a 78 4x4 on 36's with a well built 383 stroker, my dad a 79 4x4 on 38's with a 502, and my brother in-law a 73 4x4 on 31's with a 350, not including 2 that my uncle own... I guess the environment in which I was raised really contributed to my extreme love for them, but come'on where can you find a better looking truck? It'll always be one of my favorites..

It's also fun to take them all out at the same time for some bogging, especially when 5 jacked up chevy's all come in at the same time :lol  

Offline 75 C20

• Frequent Member
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2006, 07:37:00 PM »
I love 73-87 chevy trucks. I'd have to say my most favorite is 73-80 and 75 and 76 probably have the sharpest looking grilles in my opinion. There very easy and fun to work on. Another thing i love that the new trucks don't and probably never will have is the colors of the 70's. My truck is a dark brown orangeish color. Some people say it looks ugly but, I've gotten more compliments than not. It does make me mad all those little forgein trucks drivin around gittin 40 mpg when im sittin there with my pride and joy gittin 10 but hey WTH can a person do. One bad thing is rust of course. Another thing that is kinda different and old i like is round headlights. I kno they dont make the bets light but i love the way the look. They also have the best looking parking lights. The all got power out the :( 2.

1975 Custom Deluxe 20 350 SM465 2WD Longbed
1979 Custom Deluxe 20 400 SM465 2WD Longbed
1968 Custom Sport Truck 20 327 TH400 2WD Longbed
1985 Silverado 10 305 700R4 2WD Longbed
1969 Pontiac GTO 400 Turbo350
2008 GMC 2500HD 6.0 6spd 4X4 Longbed

Offline friendlytruck

• altitude !^^^!
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2009, 12:26:09 AM »
her is some thing i don't like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhmhNI0mtS8&feature=PlayList&p=97ED5FF40EA598AC&index=0&playnext=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=763WLispWXg
[youtube=425,350]dZKhsCZuAbQ[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=763WLispWXg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlEegqUrjPo
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=Chevy%2FGMC+Fuel+Tank+Test&aq=f
but what i like is that thay are antiques that desdeserves good respect and thay are hard to get stuck but what gets my goat is that mr. gmc hid that problem for so long.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 05:02:08 AM by friendlytruck »
Ap riy= [Cha d’fhuaireadh facal Beurla mar Scottish Gaelic]
Life is short gory is eternel

Offline JohnnyMac333

Re: Like/Dislike
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2009, 03:17:23 AM »
HAHAHA! Oh my God! Yes! Yes! Yes! I totally didn't think of that in the last complaint thread, but oh my God yes! WHAT IS WITH THAT?! Someone, please tell me!!!

Every one I have owned ,when you pull down the sun visor,it hits the rear view mirror.

Is this normal in these trucks or has someone changed/installed the wrong mirror? <p></p><i></i>

Offline The dream

• Registered Users
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2009, 11:35:21 AM »
her is some thing i don't like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZKhsCZuAbQ
[youtube=425,350]ZKhsCZuAbQ[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]dZKhsCZuAbQ[/youtube]

I talked about that subject before, most of the members didn't agree with these test. I dough up more info and NBC got nailed with a law suit because they had put explosives on the trucks to "make" news, and if you see the video closely you are going to be able to see that the explosion goes off BEFORE the truck is hit.
If you are still worried they sell some fuel cages.
Never give up.

Offline CreativeNotice

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2009, 02:20:08 PM »
saw a flash just before the hit but wasn't sure if it was an explosive or some flash unit for timing.

Offline t_graham11

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2009, 03:31:00 PM »
I like everything about them what I dont like is not having the money to do what I want to do to them, There beauties they can be annoying at times but hey so can the wife.

Offline JohnnyMac333

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2009, 03:35:49 PM »
I like everything about them what I dont like is not having the money to do what I want to do to them, There beauties they can be annoying at times but hey so can the wife.

They are also both more fun when they are loud and get dirty... haha

Offline oldyeller

• 81 Chevy 3/4 ton
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2009, 03:49:27 PM »
I like the fact that you can go from an ugly truck to a beautiful truck with the right paint job and wheels.  The transformation is awesome, even if it is just from many colors and rust to just plain primer.  I agree with the money problem.  We are currently trying to scrounge up enough time and money to paint the extended crew cab before our car show at the end of this month. 
1981 Chevy 3/4 ton (aka yeller)
2001 Chevy 1/2 ton extended cab lifted with flames
1950 Dodge Wayfarer all original
1951 Chevy truck
6 extended cab square bodies
Just to name a few

Offline ccz145a

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2009, 04:05:47 PM »
Hey Yeller, are those yellow fenders on your avatar? What happened to the primer?
1975 C10 Silverado LWB, 454CID, TH400, 10bolt 3.42
11MPG Downhill w/tailwind (but there ain't no hills here)

Offline oldyeller

• 81 Chevy 3/4 ton
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2009, 04:07:36 PM »
Hey Yeller, are those yellow fenders on your avatar? What happened to the primer?

Yes, the yellow fenders are before we changed them.  That picture was taken in 1996, but I love that picture of it.
1981 Chevy 3/4 ton (aka yeller)
2001 Chevy 1/2 ton extended cab lifted with flames
1950 Dodge Wayfarer all original
1951 Chevy truck
6 extended cab square bodies
Just to name a few