Author Topic: frame width  (Read 4263 times)

Offline 06gsxrman1000

frame width
« on: August 15, 2008, 10:42:53 AM »
i am at work looking for beds on craigslist and i forgot to messure the width of the frame rails of my 87 k3500 dually. if anyone knows please post the size i cant find it on the internet
thanks
Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead.
-ben franklin

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
Re: frame width
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 10:55:10 PM »
Don't know the measurement off hand! Why does it matter? If you are looking for a bed for your dually then you need to get a dually bed. Or a pickup bed, cut the wheel arch's out, modify them to mount dually fiberglass fenders to it! All the frames are the same width.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

Offline Dragon

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 01:38:26 AM »
Don't know the measurement off hand! Why does it matter? If you are looking for a bed for your dually then you need to get a dually bed. Or a pickup bed, cut the wheel arch's out, modify them to mount dually fiberglass fenders to it! All the frames are the same width.
I want to say for the most part, Stepsides were the same frame width as well, but were mostly SWB lengths.... Ofcourse you could also get a LWB Step, if you checked the right box(es)....
Dragon
08 Magnum-New Toy
96 Caprice 9C1-Who Knows
96 GMC ECLWB & 92 Chevy ECLWB
77 GMC K25 HS-Gone but Not Forgotten

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 07:58:58 AM »
A step side bed would leave the outside tires exposed by a few inches.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 11:47:22 AM »
Just look for a 81-87 or 88-91 R/V dually bed, they were all the same (pre 80's were mounted in different locations)