Author Topic: Headers for dropped 85  (Read 1912 times)

Offline Lit549

• Banned
Headers for dropped 85
« on: April 29, 2013, 09:37:44 PM »
Im sure this has been asked alot but im not finding it.What headers can i run on my 85 c10 that are short for ground clearance?? I want a good set,tired of this headman junk..I have long tube headmans now but when i lowered the truck my collectors are about 2in off the ground and will scrape on steep entrances to lots,forget speed bumps;i would get stuck..Id love to find just a full bolt in exhaust like the one in the site store but the x-pipe will not clear under the crossmember.Prob gonna have togo with a h-pipe..I have 40 flows now and love them,but the exhaust guy ran the pipe weird,to many bends..Any suggestions on some shorty headers??thanks in advance!

Offline Fairlane514

• Frequent Member
Re: Headers for dropped 85
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 10:35:48 PM »
I have the Hedmann shorties and they fit great. They are also ceramic coated with the ball and socket collectors.  I was advised to get the ones for a Caprice, I did and like I said they fit great. I don't not remember the part number. I did have to disconnect the oil pressure switch for the choke that is located on the drivers side block. I just made a jumper wire and then wire tied it out of the way of the header. This way the harness is "looped" and you get power to the electric choke.