Author Topic: Turn signal and other issues  (Read 2064 times)

Offline Bob13

• New Users
Turn signal and other issues
« on: May 22, 2018, 04:50:49 PM »
I have looked through the forums and cannot find this issue. Every one says "ground" must be the issue?  Looking for any help!  Installed new printed circuit in my 77 c10. (purchased from  ). Everything works just as it should. All dash Lights, gauges, etc. with the following exceptions. With Headlights OFF The issues are: 1. Left turn signal works but indicator in dash does not light   2. high-beam switch works but the dash indicator does light.  The fuel gauge needle bounces in time with the left turn signal. With the headlights ON the left turn signal does not work at all. This truck is very original and the wiring is not all cut up. The bulbs are all tested and are good, I have cleaned all the connections and cannot find any corrosion. Can it be the Headlight Switch???  I am at a loss. Thanks for any help.

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
Re: Turn signal and other issues
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 05:05:26 PM »
Recheck the installation of the printed circuit and that it is the same as the one you removed, ensure that the bulb socket for the signals is properly installed and yes validate the cluster ground.
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠¯¯¯¯¯'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 05:05:44 PM »
welcome bob, first im going to go with what everyone says and say "grounds" theres a "ground" junction block behind the cluster mounted on the ebrake mount check it out also
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline Bob13

• New Users
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 05:22:09 PM »
Circuit and installation is good. I will look for that junction. Thanks.  I just read that the high-beam indicator has a fusible link? Anyone have any idea where that would be??
Thanks for the fast replies!

Offline Rapid Roy

• Euless, Texas
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 05:48:25 PM »
Welcome
1974 Cheyenne 10 LWB STOCK 350 W HEI /TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
Mopar by Birth
Chevy by Choice

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 09:10:44 PM »
I just read that the high-beam indicator has a fusible link? Anyone have any idea where that would be??

The high beam indicator is protected by a circuit breaker that is integral with the headlamp switch.

Vile provided the most comprehensive advice.  Since you're certain that the PC Board is correct for the application and the board connections are clean and suitably tight, that leaves the I/P harness to cab sheet metal ground and cab to battery ground connections as the likely cause(s).  Read the sections on floating grounds and standard inventory of light-duty truck grounds in the tech article Ground for more information.
Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)