Author Topic: Wipers not working  (Read 1326 times)

Offline gtfireftr

Wipers not working
« on: August 13, 2018, 12:21:30 PM »
Went out today, and of course it is raining, and my wipers are inop.....
So I did a little digging, and found out that this is run by grounds.... So I jumped some of the wires to verify that the
wiper motor is ok.... and it does work.... So I am thinking it is the switch...
I did some additional digging around, and found out that there is a stalk, along with a switch... Not sure about this...
I have a 1986 C1500 with cruise and delay.... I was looking for a wiring schematic, but no luck there....
Has anyone had any experience with this/these switches....??

TIA

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
Re: Wipers not working
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 04:48:22 PM »
1986 Wiring Manual

Disconnect and wash the wiper delay module circuit board edge connectors using some CRC QD contact cleaner then make sure the connectors are fully seated into the module.  Verify that the black ground wire exiting the module into the harness is in fact properly grounded.  The module is a black box mounted directly below the steering column immediately behind the dash panel.  If the problem isn't resolved by cleaning the module connections and verifying/cleaning the module ground, disconnect the delay module and plug the wiper switch harness directly into the dash harness bypassing the module entirely then retest wiper operation.
Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)