Author Topic: new truck to my family  (Read 1883 times)

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
new truck to my family
« on: February 05, 2019, 07:42:41 AM »
well the 2002 was around 250k miles. engine had a slight tap, gas tank leaked, ac was gone, heater didnt work, E-brake cables broken, rockers were rusted out and missing, shocks needed to be replaced and front dif made some bad sounds. it was about time to trade her in i only paid 1,200 for her some years ago (think 4) wife used it to haul the kids around but they were out growing the back seat and were running out of room for their feet in the booster seats.

saw a 2010 chevy crew cab with only 69,000 miles and it was a local dealer. took the 2002 as a trade (was thinking about selling it but will all the issues i might be able to get 1k for it even after fixing it myself. so after some haggling they wouldnt budge on the new truck price but i was able to get 1,500 for my 2002 which kind of made up for them not touching the new truck price.

Vile is going to love the new truck, honestly i didnt think they made visors anymore. not sure if i want to take her off and have the holes and paint thats been protected from the sun showing.
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline fitz

Re: new truck to my family
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 04:51:32 PM »
Nice, you got your money's worth out of the 02.
What's the status of your  cummins powered crew cab.

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 04:59:42 PM »
something snapped between the trans and t case. and ive been a little busy to pull her apart, but hopefully here soon ill find the time

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 10:06:02 AM »
Nice! 69k miles...barely broken in. Good deal!
Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.  Zechariah 14:1

Offline Smokehouse

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 12:27:36 PM »
I had a tranny go out on my 2011 chevy  crewcab with only 73,000 and i was on vacation 5 hours away.
You are not that hot to be that bitchy.

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2019, 06:34:14 PM »
was that the 6l80?