Author Topic: Anyone using this setup? I am thinking about purchasing to run on my 355  (Read 7348 times)

Offline morrow07

... I've read nothing but great reviews.
  +1, I have been reading up on them a lot as well and nothing but great reviews. I like the fact that they can take boost right out of the box as well as self learning, plus the ability to program them yourself as well.
Guess this means we are going to need your "seat-of - the-pants" dyno review!

Well my cousin was explaining the horror story he had with them to me yesterday. He replaced his dual quads with their system and needless to say he had a tremendous amount of problems. His install was pristine yet they had him on a wild goose chase to resolve it trying all sorts of things that wasted a lot of his time. Move the coil, reroute your cables, maybe it's EMI, try this try that. Turned out to be a software issue that finally resolved it. He said now it's very good however if you stab the throttle quickly it over fuels and stalls, took a while to learn the idle etc. He's still trying to dial it in but be advised this system is not perfect and it sounds like they've not worked out all of the bugs yet with their software. If you are considering this system you might want to ensure they offer you free updates. Another thing I heard was that they did not have adequate stock of replacement parts including controllers which could leave you dead in the water. Personally i would let these guys use someone else as the guinea pig and give it more time before you invest in this setup. I'm not sure how stable their business is right now based on what I am hearing and lack of availability of advertised items. I'd give them more time
I'm one of the guinea pigs

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

77 Cheyenne - 406ci 11:1, Fitech Mean Street 800, Performer RPM Air Gap, Super Sucker Spacer, Sportsman II heads, Harland Sharp 1.6 roller rockers, Hooker Super Comps, Spintech Super Pro Street 9000's, TH350 3000 stall, 12 bolt w/Auburn Pro Series 3.73

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
How is it working out for you?
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline morrow07

So far so good. I went with the Aeromotive in tank pump instead of the command center. It is pretty nice just turning that key one-time and turning over. I am hoping that the support is there if i ever need replacement parts

77 Cheyenne - 406ci 11:1, Fitech Mean Street 800, Performer RPM Air Gap, Super Sucker Spacer, Sportsman II heads, Harland Sharp 1.6 roller rockers, Hooker Super Comps, Spintech Super Pro Street 9000's, TH350 3000 stall, 12 bolt w/Auburn Pro Series 3.73

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
Glad to hear. Might be an option for me when I get to that point with my 74
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline Stewart G Griffin

Also, i've just discovered(from David Freiburger no less) that there is a band clamp with O2 sensor fitting on it, meaning instead of welding you can just drill a hole in the exhaust pipe and put the band clamp over it and screw the O2 sensor in.   It's getting easier to switch to injection.

i would still prefer to weld it, but this is another good alternative.

Offline DustyRusty

Here's an alternative to the FiTech setup:  The Holley Sniper efi w/ self tuning, etc.  Cost will be less than $1000.

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/fuel_injection/sniper_efi/
1975 K-10 SWB Fleetside - 350/SM465/NP205/D44F 12-boltR, 3.73 gears.  Original owner.
Customized by rust.

Offline morrow07

Also, i've just discovered(from David Freiburger no less) that there is a band clamp with O2 sensor fitting on it, meaning instead of welding you can just drill a hole in the exhaust pipe and put the band clamp over it and screw the O2 sensor in.   It's getting easier to switch to injection.

i would still prefer to weld it, but this is another good alternative.
Agreed. Weld in is better, but the clamp works great for start up, and getting to the exhaust shop.

After rebate, the mean street cost me $995. From Summit, so no tax and free shipping.