Author Topic: New guy from Arizona  (Read 9430 times)

Offline 1979C20

• Kyle Taulton.
Re: New guy from Arizona
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2011, 05:35:36 AM »
Just adding to my projects list, This is what started happening to my Carrier bearing

And this is What I ended with, the rubber is gone, and the bearing fell infront of the bearing housing and the skinny part of the drive line
       wore its way almost all of the way through, another 4 miles or so And I would have lost my drive line.

and here is the new one. I couldnt figure out where the 2 small round bushings go, my old one didnt have them

I'll get a picture of it installed soon.

I installed a chrome air cleaner because I didnt feel like buying a new element for my old one and this was laying in the garage.

I painted my grille black, before

After

Anyone know where I can get this style horn button cheap?

I installed purple HIDS

My truck at the bottom of Widow Maker at sycamore creek

We took one of my buddy's jeeps up to the top, my other buddy's is at the bottom with my truck. I couldnt get more than half way without spinning out. And, I have a gov lock in the rear. So both wheels are locked together until 20mph then it unlocks to just one wheel.

This is my truck at Squeeze Rock, Sycamore Creek.

I figure I might as well post a pic of me, just for consistency sake. Dont want to seem like a liar, as I have been accused before.
     Someone tried to say I didnt do the work on my truck, that I was just taking the credit. This is right after a hair cut, and I'm not
     proud of the way it looked. See the Oooga horn to the right of the master cylinder?

And this is my truck on top of The Playground hill at Cove one at Butcher Jones, az. Right after I got back to the top when leaving,
    before I painted it! And thats my buddy's Wagoneer that he traded 2 of for a 95 YJ.

Here is my Options page, I'll get a better pic soon.

The vacuum diagram sticker on my core support

I blocked off my EGR with a Putty knife blade and the base plate for my EGR. It was sticking and made my truck run like crap. Havent
    had any problems with it. I just coated the bottom side of it in black RTV and used the stock EGR bolts and base plate to hold
    it down. The fluids next to the intake is fuel, and WD40. My dad covered my intake with WD checking the base gasket for vacuum
    leaks. And then I had to fill the bowl on my carb because I accidentally switched to the empty tank and ran it empty.

My bed is in GREAT condition. There was a plastic bed liner on it since it was bought, and theres just slight surface rust from where the
    paint rubbed away and condensation rusted away at it.

This is how I mounted my CB antennas. I just cut and bent down the upper mounting hole, since I use the lowers

One of my 3 great danes, Dairy

Second of my 3 great danes, Dozer. And for some reason I dont have a picture of the 3rd, Demo

I was helping my brother move some furniture from his fiance's moms house, And I got the bear to transport. That was a fun trip, I got
     a LOT of strange looks. Haha.

And this is my Girlfriend, Megan. She if the reason my HIDS are purple. I like purple, but she wanted them. This is before our first date.
     We went to the Mud bogs. Her idea!

Does anyone have any suggestion on how to clean one of these old engines. It is covered in oil, WD40, coolant, DUST, grime, and fuel. It disgusts me to look at. I have a crap ton of Engine Brite in the garage. Thanks for reading. Its nice to know somebody is listening. And, just FYI, These pictures are in NO way in chronological order. Haha. I just posted them as they came up.
1979 SCLB C20 Q-jet 350 SM465 14b F.F. 4.10 G80
1989 GMC Suburban V2500 TBI350 TH400 4in lift 35's 14b SF

Offline bake74

• Build Thread
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2011, 09:04:26 AM »
     There are a ton of products out there for cleaning engines.  All I would say is pick one you are comfortable with, when you spray it on your engine let it sit for 5 10 min to dwell and soak into the grease and grime, use a low pressure hot water washer to rinse it all off, and please find the apprioate place to do it so you don't get into trouble for dumping hazardous material on the ground.  In my opion, engine bright works ok, if you can get ahold of industrial grade cleaners they work alot better.
#1: The easiest and most obvious solution to any problem is 99% of the time correct.
#2: There is no such thing as impossible, it just takes longer.
  74 k10, 77k10    Tom

Offline 1979C20

• Kyle Taulton.
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2011, 09:13:14 AM »
Okay, ill just use the engine bright since I have it available. Now, how do I go about doing this withough getting things wet that should not be wet? Like, I have a feeling I shouldnt get water in the intake (haha). What about the distrubutor cap, plug wires, breather cap on valve cover, and how do I avoid getting water in the carb?

Offline bake74

• Build Thread
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2011, 09:22:09 AM »
     It depends on if you are going to do it while it is running or off.  If you have alot of open areas that you are not wanting to get wet, I say let your engine cool, bag with plastic everything that could get water in it and then clean, taking care not to blow off or apart the plastic bags.  Good luck.
#1: The easiest and most obvious solution to any problem is 99% of the time correct.
#2: There is no such thing as impossible, it just takes longer.
  74 k10, 77k10    Tom

Offline 1979C20

• Kyle Taulton.
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2011, 09:26:00 AM »
Okay, that helps. but, I believe the engine brite can say to heat the engine up, spray it on, then hose it off. So, how can I do it with the engine warm? Sorry for so many questions