Author Topic: Where does this wire go???  (Read 2421 times)

Offline FOOSE

Where does this wire go???
« on: June 29, 2013, 11:31:58 PM »
Hello! i'm doing the wiring under the dashboard and I found one black/white wire that I have no idea where it goes, I have pictures so you can see. I does not come from the fuse box, the  picture shows in comes from the wiring harness the goes under the dash.

I has one black female connector on it and its quite long! I have tried finding it in manuals and wire diagrams on this site but no luck. all hints and help will be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
Re: Where does this wire go???
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 02:15:10 AM »
I believe that wire runs under the carpet to the driver side seat belt retractor and connects to the retractor switch for the seat belt warning buzzer.  You can verify by looking at the GM factory 83 Wiring Manual, or the more generalized 81-87 Instrument Panel, Page 2 and 81-87 Cab Interior, Page 2.
Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)

Offline Displaced_Txn

• Registered Users
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 11:28:02 AM »
Mine has the same wire but mine ended up going to the dome light switch for the door.

Offline FOOSE

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 04:52:55 PM »
Wow bd You're a genius! that's exactly where it goes! Thanks a lot. after 7 years one forgets where everything goes! although I had mark most of the wires. sometimes you forget some. Thanks again!

Offline Displaced_Txn

• Registered Users
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 04:19:12 PM »
only reason i knew that was becasue mine was tucked up under the carpet had to sit there for a hour or so and see what all it would and wouldn't reach