Author Topic: MY GM PREDICTIONS:  (Read 55694 times)

Offline 1HI4x4

• Registered Users
  • V30 Crew now a shortbed.....
Re: MY GM PREDICTIONS:
« Reply #150 on: August 25, 2009, 05:34:41 AM »
Nevertheless I will never buy a NEW car anyway so I could care less if they all fall off the map at this point.

My sentiments exactly.  I can't ever see myself spending so much money on a new car, when I could build a better, more personalized car for a fraction of the price.  I think $16K for a new Cobalt is just as outrageous as $80K for a new BMW 750.  Neither of those (or anything in between) is even on my radar.

You want to talk about a waste of $ check this out. I have a customer with a Land Rover right now who has 55K on it. The trans is shot, the wheel bearings and tires are shot let alone a slew of other problems. They still owe $27k on this thing and a new trans by itself no converter is around $8k. A used one is $2900 and for me to rebuild it is at least $1500 labor plus parts. People waste so much money on cars all because of a badge.

Yep, but when he/she rolls into soccer practice with Buffy/Biffy they look so important.
1988 V30 Crew Cab, Cummins power, 47RH-NP205, 8" lift, 13.50x35x20 Fuel Mudders on 20x14 XD Diesels -76 offset. Soon to be repainted, seats from a 2010 Lariat to be installed.

Offline smitty77

• Registered Users
« Reply #151 on: August 25, 2009, 07:06:17 AM »
1) OUch!  It's seems apparent that nobody here really likes pontiac;  Maybe you all didn't grow up in a GM family and actually lived with and rode in and drove pontiacs.  Maybe then you would understand.

It's not that we don't like them Stewart....  It's just we don't feel this undying allegiance to a hood ornament, which is all Pontaic really was since the 1980s.  My parents and grandparents owned a Cavalier (same as the Pontiac counterpart) and I'd say they were nothing to get excited about, as much as Pontiac's advertising at the time would like me to believe.

Offline Marc

« Reply #152 on: August 25, 2009, 08:37:24 AM »
There is nothing to get worked up about.  I grew up in a GM family, we had Oldsmobiles, Chevrolets, GMCs, Buicks.  When I was younger I used to praise Chevrolet cars and trucks, but after owning a bit of everything there isn't really much difference...I have had Chevrolet trucks and Ford trucks of the same vintage, I cannot really say one is better than the other.  As for pontiac as smitty said  it is only a badge.  Do they even have the red illumination on the dash to differentiate them anymore?  What makes a Pursuit any better than a Cobalt?  or a SV6 better than an uplander, or a G-whatever than an impala?  The only car I can see they had unique to them was the Vibe...which was a Toyota.

We have been buying Mazdas as our main car, and I have a CR-V.  THe CR-V is a well-built car, and the Mazdas have been faultless - but the main reason we have bought them is the dealer is excellent.  The biggest shame out of the GM restructuring is the loss of a number of good dealers, at least around here.  The two GM dealers in town that lost their dealerships were the good ones and the one left is the slippery dishonest one.  THat rules out any chance of a new GM product for me or my parents.

Offline 1HI4x4

• Registered Users
  • V30 Crew now a shortbed.....
« Reply #153 on: August 25, 2009, 11:51:34 AM »
The two GM dealers in town that lost their dealerships were the good ones and the one left is the slippery dishonest one. 

Do you want to guess who donates to the Democrats?
1988 V30 Crew Cab, Cummins power, 47RH-NP205, 8" lift, 13.50x35x20 Fuel Mudders on 20x14 XD Diesels -76 offset. Soon to be repainted, seats from a 2010 Lariat to be installed.

Offline Stewart G Griffin

« Reply #154 on: September 21, 2009, 10:43:35 AM »
i dunno, i guess these videos really sum up the situation, the economy, what's going on with pontiac/gm etc.:

http://www.mefeedia.com/news/22841372

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D6AXWVOWW4&feature=fvw

Look, we NEED TO SAVE PONTIAC.    i can't explain it in words;  Please trust me.   

Pontiac sold 250,000 units last yr, which was, i think 2nd place in the gm lineup (?).   So, when the economy picks up (and it will) it would be valuable to continue pontiac as they will probably sell even more cars.

You may think that all pontiacs are just copies of other gm cars, but it's more than that.   And even so,  ALL gm cars are copies of other gm cars---even the corvette(a bad thing that will addressed in another post).  So, that argument doesn't hold water.

We need to please think about how pontiac can be saved.  We(technically) own part of this company, so we have the power.

Offline eventhorizon66

« Reply #155 on: September 21, 2009, 11:30:44 AM »
We could go to Australia and petition Holden to change their name to Pontiac.  Presto, Pontiac is back. :D

And on another note, how many of these puppies would Gm sell if they rebadged it the Chevy El Camino?

http://www.holden.com.au/vehicles/Ute/SS

Alot I think.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 11:33:49 AM by eventhorizon66 »
'85 C10 SWB 350 700R4 TKO600