Author Topic: Pics of work updated 11-14-10.  (Read 46298 times)

Offline bigfosty

Re: Pics of work.
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2009, 02:11:13 PM »
I am a bartender at a local restaurant/bar. We are a finer dining establishment and a venue, so it's a diverse mix of people we get depending on the show and we go from fancy to down and dirty within minutes.

Here is a picture of what we look like during dinner, minus the eaters.

Here is what we look like during bar hours

I'll even include a video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBsGbNd-RVk

Offline campcrf

• Registered Users
  • stroked
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2009, 12:33:08 AM »
frosty... you got a cool job.... keep it up ....
-smile-... Just because its contageous

Offline 80stepsideguy

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2009, 03:13:00 PM »
I work in Aviation. in my 17 years I have worked on Grumman EA-6B Prowlers, Pratt & Whitney J52 P408A jet engines, C-119 for the Movie Flight of the Phoenix, C-130's, 737-200, 737-300, Eclipse EA500, and the Cessna Mustang. I am currently the night shift Area Manager on the production the the Mustang

I'll try to dig up some photo's this week and post them.

Cubic,
i too work for northrop/grumman i also work on ea6b prowlers and e2c hawkeyes and also the advanced e2d hawkeye f5 tigers .Right now were gearing up for c2 wings and ea18 nacelles I also work at nights as a painter there. I like to take pics but its all government so theres no cameras allowed on the premesis unless your certified to have a camera there which i dont.

thanks
pat

here is the link to the plane i did some paint work to its the 1st advanced hawkeye built where i work.

http://www.spacewar.com/reports/Newest_Navy_Aircraft_Unveiled_by_Northrop_Grumman_999.html
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 11:40:13 PM by 80stepsideguy »
1980 Chevy c10 restomod:  350/700r4 12 bolt 3.73 rearend iris blue metallic
1998 Chevy 1500 S/B 2wd
1970 cougar convertible: triple white 1 of 1
2014 Hyundai Tucson Limited(my daily driver)
2023 Kia Sportage X Pro (her daily driver).
2017 Hyundai Tucson Limited(her everyday driver).

Offline bigkountry

• Frequent Member
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2009, 05:19:31 PM »
Cameras are forbidden at my place of work, falls under "industrial espeonage"  :o

I can take some pics of the farm, my second job, if anyone wants to see 20,000 chickens...lol

Nothing wrong with working on a farm, even for a second job. I worked at a hog farm for a few years and I really enjoyed it.

I enjoy it, it helps keep the bills paid and it's a family business so they are real easy going when I drag my big butt in late after a 12 hour shift the night before...lol

It has funded much of my shop rebuild and when we take vacation trips.
81 Scottsdale K10 "Under construction"

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2009, 06:59:58 AM »
It will never see a fork truck again. It will haul wood chips for a few years then become storage or scrap. I tell you what though, The old flooring, ( Apcon, what it is called ) Burns real nice in the wood stove!! Combination of Oak, Red Oak, Mahogany. At least thats what this one was a combo of. Have seen other hard woods in them before. The scraps from the Hemlock we put in make make great kindling too.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

Offline muddnutz

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2009, 07:33:02 PM »
 I do heating and air cond. pics would be pretty boring. replacing motors and circuit boards

Offline choptop

• Extended cab fanatic
    • conversiontrucks
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2009, 04:46:28 PM »
I work on industrial deisel engines and generators, mostly in the electronics department:
My work truck

Where (everywhere)

What:

The simple stuff
76 C10 Choptop,76 C10 Swb
85 C10, 85 K10, 85 K20,86 C10,86 K10 (all extended cabs)
86 C30 extended crewcab

Offline The dream

• Registered Users
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2009, 05:22:46 PM »
thats a pretty fancy work truck.   :o .. congrats!!
Never give up.

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2009, 08:14:52 PM »
Fabrication today:
Cut all the old cracked steel, and the fairly new bumpers some retard welded to it off!

Jack the new 6x6 in place.

6x6, & legs tack welded.

4x10 filler to pick up were they left off when making the sliders solid.

Frame filler tacked in place.

The bottom cross bar.

Weld up whats there so far.

Corner gussets.

1/2x4 overlays.

Overlays welded.

Almost finished.

Plus Monday, & Tuesday were a complete brake job on it! Only two new air cans and no S cam bushings They were all tight, were done two years ago.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 02:00:34 AM by Blazin »
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

Offline ccz145a

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2009, 09:55:47 AM »
nice job!
1975 C10 Silverado LWB, 454CID, TH400, 10bolt 3.42
11MPG Downhill w/tailwind (but there ain't no hills here)

Offline DnStClr

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2009, 12:40:18 PM »
Man Blazin that's a bunch of welds. What do you run- 7018? Lookin good!
Don
87 Chevy Silverado

Offline 79K20

• Registered Users
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2009, 01:58:13 PM »
Alrighty here goes... I am a mechanical engineer and I investigate auto accidents for the legal/insurance community. Some Criminal, but mostly Civil cases.

I look at scenes, smashed cars/trucks, commercial vehicles, etc all day long... brakes, tires, suspension, download black boxes, and so forth.  Usually Trying to answer the proverbial question... "Wha' Happened?"

I can't post many pics b/c it would violate confidentiality, but you can probably use your imagination... Typically Fatal or SBI collisions.

Before that I was a diesel mechanic, and an auto suspension tech before that. Blazin, those trailer pics sure bring back memories. I did a LOT of brake jobs on tractors and trailers... Glad I don't do that anymore!

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2009, 05:56:36 PM »
Some finished pics:
I wanted to box in around the lights but it wasn't in the guys budget.

Wiring, & junction box. Installed side marker light / directionals half way down the trialer too.

It's an Esab mig welder, with .035 flux coated wire. Run argon C02 mix gas.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 05:58:22 PM by Blazin »

Offline BigHemi353

• Registered Users
  • Diesel Enthusiast
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2009, 06:11:32 PM »
I'm a farmer that goes to college at night but i also work at the county highway dept. as summer help but for some reason i got to keep my job through the winter which I'm very thankful for. I was hired on last summer to mow the county roadside ditches but they soon let me run a pickup with a motorized broom to clean roads for the paving and chip seal(I call it "tar n gravel" which is a cheap way to patch roads), work as a mechanic on the trucks and equipment, bucket man to trim trees, paint trucks, plow snow in housings editions,  and a bunch of other little stuff. i love my job and hope i can keep it for the mean time. here's some pics.

our personal farm tractor in front of my old high school. drove to school my last day

one of the times when i got the mower stuck....definitely my fault lol, it was very sandy there

the sweeper truck when i was on the road crew

and this is my other full time job. lol

Andy
-1986 Silverado K-20 6bt Cummins / NV4500/ np205- under construction

Offline Just-speed

• 84K10 350/700r4
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2009, 08:05:47 AM »
I could post some pictures but it would be off food and display's.  Boring stuff.   I sell food to Grocery stores. Yep I'm a salesman. Beware.
Let GM go belly up! I got what I wanted. Thanks for building the best truck ever.