Author Topic: jack stands  (Read 2097 times)

Offline jaime

jack stands
« on: June 26, 2014, 12:15:42 AM »
Im lowering my truck in in rear so I need to unbolt leaf spring from diff  and I just cant the the stand in the right place on the driver side theres parking brake cable in the way and closer to the cabin the gas tank in the ways  where r yall placing stands 

Offline HAULIN IT

Re: jack stands
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 01:11:27 AM »
You didn't say if you are removing the springs or doing a flip so I give my Two Cents & you can apply what works best from there.
If your removing the springs: Just ahead of the E-brake bracket is an area you should be able to get a average stand head into. You may need to pull some slack out of the cable (push it over) while placing the stand. If you can't get the slack you need, you should be able to loosen the cable & then re-adjust when your done.
If not removing the springs: Either the area on the spring just behind the front bushing or under the eye/hanger bracket should work fine.
Another option, depending on what all your doing & how big of stands you have...you could place them in the back near the rear hanger. Don't forget to chock the front wheels for added safety! Hope this Helps, Lorne

Offline roundhouse

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 09:36:15 AM »
Also slide the wheels under the truck somewhere
So of it falls off the stand or the stand fails
The frame won't be totally flat on the ground

Offline jaime

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 02:30:51 PM »
Im doint a flip kit i think im just goint to purchase some tall jack stands so i can put jack stand near  all 4 hangers seem to be the safest