Author Topic: 87 Scottsdale sales/mktg info.  (Read 11494 times)

Offline Red87chevy

87 Scottsdale sales/mktg info.
« on: July 03, 2001, 05:43:00 PM »
I'm in the process of restoring my 87 Scottsdale to an original condition.  As a part of my restoration, I am trying to find the brochures or other marketing items GM dealers used.  I checked with the local GM shops, and they have no information, and could not provide a good lead on how to obtain the information.

Any insight on where I can obtain the GM marketing info on the 87 Scottsdales?  Does anyone have some info for sale?

Thanks!

Offline crossy

Re: 87 Scottsdale sales/mktg info.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2001, 09:39:00 AM »
I could not email you privately as no one is filling out their profiles ,so I hope you get this . It just so happens that I do have ONE extra  of all the dealer brochures that I have and it is a 1987  for light trucks. I paid $6 each for these things, I bought 15 years worth!, I could probably get to you in  a stiffened Postal mailer envelope  for $3. let me know  if you want it for $9.. The 1987 ones for some reason are larger in size than all the other years  so I may have to crease it to get it in the big mailer. this one looks like it has already been creased  but is in good  shape. DAVE

86Burban

N67 Rally Wheels
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2001, 12:33:00 PM »
I just want to know what the N67 Rally Wheels look like, 'cause I have mismitched wheels on my truck, thanks.

wecunico

87 Scottsdale brochures.
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2001, 12:16:00 PM »
Dear Sir,

Does any where in your brochures does it state what the mpg for a 305, tbi, with overdrive in a 3\4 ton would be.  

Your information would be appreciated.

Thanks Bill.

Offline RegulatorInqInq

Re: 87 Scottsdale brochures.
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2001, 08:51:00 PM »
A 305 in a 3/4 ton? Stock? Never heard of that combo before.

Offline 79 Big10

Re: 87 Scottsdale brochures.
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2001, 11:58:00 AM »
quite a few 3/4 tons have or had 305s in them from the factory. We have a few C20s at work '83-85 and all but one have 305s in them.

87chev

'87 scottsdale
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2001, 06:27:00 PM »
hey i got a '87 scottsdale,
brown in color
350, V8
with a new sound system
its nice, concidering i'm only 17.

87 texas costume deluxe

info
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2001, 12:39:00 AM »
I am new to the sport.  I recently bought a light duty costume deluxe rigged with a tool box bed from factory and it states that the truck's emty weight is 4700 pounds with 1400 carring weight. Will someone please inform me a bit about what all of this means and if you please could somehow school me on everything possible about my truck since I plan to restore it. My email is gayosso5@aol.com
I need to know as much as possible about such great truck and forgive my lack of info but I've fallen in love with its 350 and I plan to keep it even with it's small rusty spots.

Offline 73K20

• Registered Users
Re: info
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2001, 10:15:00 AM »
Just jump in and start rebuilding.  As questions arise, ask away.  Everyone here will be more than happy to answer any questions.  I just did a frame up resto on my 73 this summer.  It was lots of fun and i learned boat loads about my truck.  When your done you'll know your truck inside and out.  As for the empty weight, that is what your truck weights unloaded.  The 1400 lbs. carring weight is the load capacity at which your truck is rated.  That would be a gross weight of 6100 lbs loaded.

87 texas deluxe

thanks 73
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2001, 10:13:00 PM »
Thank you for willing to help yall.
Well, to begain with, my warning light(you know the annoying little red light on my dashboard)always goes on whenever I travel for more then 10 minutes on a straightaway.say highway driving.  What do you suppose this is?and also;I've recently replaced the krusty old carpet it had when I noticed that it had a layer on insolation, a plastic mat on top of it and then carpet followed by another plastic mat prevenetive to carpet staining I suppose.  I'm wondering what to do with out and want to keep since I will not replace the carpet till I allow the massive moisture that has collected to dry.  Is it normal to collect so much moisture?
thanks in advance>and merry christmx ya'll from tx.